Posted by dnprossion 2010/10/31 3:10:00 (7244 reads)
| Posted on XOOPS
xNews v1.71 (RC) UTF-8 SEO
- jQuery 1.4.3 included, - Beautiful Tooltips (The colour scheme is considered), - To TOP Link on any Page, - Stretched Content Area, - Any Block in Slider, - 3000+ of Layout Variants, - 9 Widgetized Areas, - 7 Slide Show Scenarios, - 3 Variants of Preheader, - Slider with Bullets Pagination, - Slider Area on/off Switching, - Sidebars Areas on/off Switching, - Footer Area on/off Switching.
Useful Properties of XOOPS Themes by IXThemes:
- 1-2-3 Columns Page Layout, - Compatible with XOOPS 2.3.x, 2.4.x, 2.5.x; - Tested on Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, IE6/7/8; - Flexible and SIMPLE adjustment of columns in %%; - Very SIMPLE replacement image background for Header; - Very SIMPLE replacement image background for Footer; - Roll-up Blocks in Left Sidebar and Right Sidebar; - Presets for Visibility of Roll-up Blocks; - Customizable Expanded Footer with 4 Custom Widgets or Module Blocks; - Two Control Areas for hide/show Footer and Left or Right Sidebars; - Customizable Expanded Header; - Self-adjusted Horizontal Menu Bar; - Customizable Preheader Areas (none, search, buttons-menu); - Customizable Concatenation of Left Sidebar and Right Sidebar; - jQuery Library included; - Customizable LCR, LRC, RLC, CLR, CRL, LC, CR, RC, CL Columns Layout, - Compatible with a FREE IXTFrameWork 1.0.3 module;
- jQuery 1.4.3 included, - To TOP Link on any Page, - Any Block in Slideshow, - 3000+ of Layout Variants, - 9 Widgetized Areas, - 7 Slideshow Scenarios, - 3 Variants of Preheader, - Stretched Content Area, - Beautiful Tooltips, - Slider with Bullets Pagination, - Sidebars on/off Switching, - Footer on/off Switching.
Other Useful Properties of Themes by IXThemes:
- 1-2-3 Columns Page Layout, - Compatible with XOOPS 2.3.x, 2.4.x, 2.5.x; - Tested on Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, IE6/7/8, Maxthon, SeaMonkey; - Flexible and SIMPLE adjustment of columns in %%; - Very SIMPLE replacement image background for Header; - Very SIMPLE replacement image background for Footer; - Roll-up Blocks in Left Sidebar and Right Sidebar; - Presets for Visibility of Roll-up Blocks; - Customizable Expanded Footer with 4 Custom Widgets or Module Blocks; - Two Control Areas for hide/show Footer and Left or Right Sidebars; - Customizable Expanded Header; - Self-adjusted Horizontal Menu Bar; - Customizable Preheader Areas (none, search, buttons-menu); - Customizable Concatenation of Left Sidebar and Right Sidebar; - jQuery Library included; - Customizable LCR, LRC, RLC, CLR, CRL, LC, CR, RC, CL Columns Layout, - Compatible with a FREE IXTFrameWork 1.0.3 module;
We are extremely pleased to announce that XOOPS has received the "Best Technology Award" from the North East Asia OSS Forum for the upcoming X3 version of XOOPS, that will be officially released as Alpha version this weekend. The judges were impressed with X3 architecture, its usage of state-of-the-art PHP libraries such as Zend Framework and Smarty 3, and the direction XOOPS is taking toward becoming a "Web Application-oriented development platform"
As DJ mentioned in the August news, the first public Alpha was scheduled to be released in October 2010, and we're very happy that we're on schedule with this release. It will be a first step to learn more about X3 and to explore it.
Since he will be in Korea, he would like to encourage all XOOPS developers to attend the NEA OSS Forum Conference, so he could meet with you in person while in Seoul and discuss future XOOPS development, as well as to celebrate together this achievement. Please contact him via PM if you're coming to Seoul, so he can arrange a meeting with you (probably in the evening or in between the sessions on Nov. 4th).
On Friday, Nov. 5th, Mamba will be for 7 hours at the Narita Airport in Japan, while switching planes to China, so if anybody from the XOOPS Japan community would like to meet with him there, he would be very happy about it.
On Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 6th and 7th, Mamba will be in Beijing, meeting with DJ and the members of the XOOPS China Community.
We are extremely excited about this "Best Technology Award" for the "next generation" of XOOPS version, and about the opportunity to meet with the Asian XOOPS developers.
The XOOPS 2.5.0release is a major redesign of the System Module which has been AJAX-ed with jQuery done mainly by Nicolas Andricq (ForMusS), Cointin Maxime (kraven_30), and Grégory Mage (Mage). Other major contributors include Trabis, Voltan, Kris_fr, and Marco. Some of the new features are truly amazing, like the visual placement of blocks, and we're sure that the users will love them
Other major improvements/additions include:
- Added: Help System for Admin and modules (see PM module) - Added: MySQL Dump in Maintenance - Added: New Redirect messaging - Added: Column sorting in tables - Added: smarty plugin for icon pack - Added: smarty plugin for breadcrumb navigation - Added: jQuery plugins for display popup or manage drag & drop - Added: File Manager (Plugin) - Added: Maintenance with Cache Clean-up, and Tables Maintenance - Added: Visual module ordering with drag & drop - Added: Visual block placement with drag & drop - Added: Refactor all PHP code for use XOOPS API - Added: Use template in the same way that front user, admin side for module can call a main template define in xoops_version.php - Added: Allow override of template in admin theme like frontend if we set template in ADMIN_THEME - Added: New variable 'system_menu' in xoops_version.php of each module, this variable generate a tab menu for module admin side if set to 1, this feature is for give one unique tab menu for all menu (eg: module PM for). - Added: add jquery plugin in xoops_lib - Added: change install for install admin template and admin setting - Added: manage editor for blocks, comments and for all module if module developper want to use it activate or deactivate system section - Added: choose number of line for admin section - Added: display or hide tips
Avatar: - activate/deactivate avatar with ajax Banners: - jquery popup for display banners Block admin: - drag n drop block for manage position and weight - jquery popup for preview Comments: - multiple selection for deletion - purge Groups: - number of user per group - new disposition Images: - lightbox preview + thumbs Modulea Admin: - jquery popup for display info Preferences: - system settings Smilies: - activate/deactivate smilies with ajax Templates: - manage overide of all template online - generated file come from database User Rank: - activate/deactivate userrank with ajax Users: - advanced user management - new disposition - simple and advance search
Posted by Mambaon 2010/10/24 3:10:00 (4802 reads)
| Posted on Modules
x-Cake is a Rapid Development Suite for PHP Applications utilizing XOOPS and CakePHP. It has been recently updated by Yoshi Sakai to version 1.28 of CakePHP.
You can quickly write modules for XOOPS if you know the Cake Method and structure, or import your existing Cake Framework Application into a more dynamic environment like XOOPS. For support and information look on CakePHP website.
Posted by Mazarinon 2010/10/22 20:10:00 (4813 reads)
| Posted on Modules
After being hidden in the file repository for several months, XoopsPoll 1.31 is now released.
This version is a small update to the 1.3 version released in the beginning of 2010.
Added features (compared to 1.3): + Log of votes for each poll available in admin section (thanks to X-Bandit for this feature) + No. of comments incl. link to them available in block (if comments enabled) + No. of total votes available in block + Poll description on the voting and results pages + Redirect back to original page after vote if voting from block, otherwise redirect to results page
Changes/bugfixes: - Removal of links to vote on index and results pages if a user has already voted
Install: If upgrading from 1.3, just copy over original files and update module. If upgrading from version 1.2 or earlier, please uninstall original version of XoopsPoll and make a fresh install.