RhoDaZZ
Bolding text in menues
  • 2006/8/30 16:18

• RhoDaZZ

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/30

Pretty much what the title says... I cant really get the text in my menues (custom blocks) to do anything else than change size.

What im looking for is to bold the text. I've tried in many combinations with the
<b> and <strong>
tags, nothing.

So is there a way to do it? And if its being blocked, or not allowed, is there a way to turn that off? Thanks in advance

msdana
Re: Bolding text in menues
  • 2006/8/30 16:48

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to say. Do you want bold text within custom blocks or do you want bold text in your menus? Perhaps provide a web address or a more accurate description.
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

RhoDaZZ
  • 2006/8/30 19:13

• RhoDaZZ

• Just popping in

Okay i'll try to clearify then:

Im using custom blocks as my menues (so its basically the same, but if you need a definition go for custom block). And yes i would like to bold the text in the custom block (which im using as a menu and therefore also calling it so) but there seems to be some "hidden brick wall" that is dening me to.

SO... help?

Will_H
  • 2006/8/30 19:22

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Essentially what you are doing is fighting the style sheet here.

If you want to customize check in style.css

td#leftcolumn etc.

wizanda
  • 2006/8/30 20:14

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

lol for a quick method...

1. You can use style around the content and anything contained in the td or div can have a style...

I suggest using weaverslave and topstylelite as they both have universal settings in them and a style can be made auto...so making it very quick to edit a theme...

Or you could just use <b> around the title</b> in the theme and that would work or should usually..

You could also use <em> which emphasizes something.<em>

Also next option is two edit your css direct if you want to and add a class around the titles in the theme..

If you want to edit something like random quotes like we have done on our own site...

We used <em style="something ">
around parts so the name was diffrent to the texts.

That ment editing a template uploading it overwritting the old, make sure templates is on in prefrences and it will change as you edit..

just to add he who fight's CSS loses as it can speak back

RhoDaZZ
  • 2006/9/4 14:22

• RhoDaZZ

• Just popping in

Hmmm alright through the em tag i got it to be italic... And I guess thats good enough.

But I'd still like help if anyone could precise it a little more cause I tried editing style.css in the theme, upload and overwrite the old, nothing happened (yes I have modifications to theme on).But what I basically did was to delete the style on the blocks which was already set to bold and then resetting it to bold again wouldnt do anything, however it didnt and still doesnt look like its bold by defualt at all acutally. I also dont know any code which says that you cant have it bold so this one is a bit wierd imo...

I think it might be something in some core source code maybe someone could help me unlock it (If its a core file)? I really dont know much about the core files yet since I'm new to XOOPS ...

Login

Who's Online

234 user(s) are online (166 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 234

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits