justsomeguy
Quick Link/Button to Change AND Save User's Theme Settings

I am trying to place a radio button or check box on all pages of my site that when clicked will update the user's theme selection and save that update for the current and future sessions. Though it is possible for user to save their theme settings through the Edit Account screen, I would like to present my users with a more easily seen option for updating saving their theme settings.

XT-Temas, available at www.xoops.net.br did exactly what I am looking for - in XOOPS 2.0.x. Unfortunately, I cannot get XT-Temas to work with XOOPS 2.2.3a-final.

Does anyone know of a custom block or an updated module that will allow me to easily add a theme select and save function to all my pages?

Thank you for any suggestions you may have.

jdseymour
Re: Quick Link/Button to Change AND Save User's Theme Settings

If you are using 2.2.3a, go to extended profiles - permissions and select "Field Editable from Profile" Put a check mark by "Themes" then the user can edit which theme to use by editing his/her profile. The theme will be selectable from a dropdown list.

justsomeguy

Thank you for your reply, jdseymour. I have already made those changes to my site, and yes, this does work.

What I am now looking for is something to place on my site, say in the right block, that shows all the available themes (which I already activated through blocks settings) AND will also allow users to click a button or a checkbox that will save the theme settings without making users go into their extended profile settings.

justsomeguy

bump

Login

Who's Online

176 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 176

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits