Drewbar
Bookmarks Module?
  • 2004/1/22 14:38

• Drewbar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/22

Hello,

I am just getting started with Xoops, and one of the main functionalities I require is for individual users to be able to maintain lists of personal bookmarks. This is different from what the Links or Address modules appear offer, in that I am looking for something that allows each user to have his/her own private list.

Are there any modules that offer something like this? And, if not, would there be any interest in such a module if I made it myself?

Thanks,
-Drew

kjs222
Re: Bookmarks Module?
  • 2004/1/22 15:01

• kjs222

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/3/1 1

Please look at XOOPS integrated notifications bookmark feature. I havn't done too much work on notifications myself, but I know that this feature exists and is integrated (to some extent) already. You can view notificaitons through the User Menu -> Notifications link.

In order for users to have access to bookmark feature, you must turn it on in the module settings. Not all modules have notifications (though increasingly more do).

Hope that helps.
Keith

Drewbar
  • 2004/1/22 15:21

• Drewbar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/22

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I fear I may have been unclear in what I am looking for. I wasn't looking for a way to bookmark certain portions of a Xoops-site vis-a-vis Notifications. Rather, I want a way for users to be able to put together a list of their own preferred sites (i.e., "www.xoops.org", "blah.com", etc). Much like the Bookmarks function of most browsers, except users would be able to access their bookmarks from home, work, school, etc.

Thanks,
-Drew

WarDick
  • 2004/1/22 15:29

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

The mylinks module that is part of the distribution allows you to create a directory of links. But to my knowledge it does not allow for individual users to build their own directory. If you were up for building such a feature I am certain that the community would appreciate it. It would be a great feature to add.

kjs222
  • 2004/1/22 15:38

• kjs222

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/3/1 1

Thanks for the clarification. I agree with Wardick that this'd be a cool addition to myLinks... I've often wanted something like this created that does more than just links... that allows every user their own WYSIWYG edited page(s) the content of which they maintain, and the permissions of which they can modify. That way people can put up their own mini-sites on your site. This'd be great for paying members who want to put up info for whatever they're selling.

The only other feature I can think of that allows for this type of fucntionality is the weBlog module, which allows users their own space to write up their own (private) posts of information. I realize it's not a perfect fit, but it's an easy install!

Good luck,
Keith

Login

Who's Online

250 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 250

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits