brash
Small "Who's Online" Block Modification Request
  • 2004/1/16 2:16

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Hi All,

One of the features of the IPB Forum I really like is that it has a stat at the bottom telling you the most amount of people ever accessing the site along with a date and time stamp. I think this would be a really good inclusion for the Who's Online block, but my basic PHP coding skills prevent me from even knowing where to start. I'd really appreciate any help anyone could give.

brash
Re: Small "Who's Online" Block Modification Request
  • 2004/1/16 12:25

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

Anybody have any insight into this?

carnuke
  • 2004/1/16 13:18

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

There is a module called 'blockies' (available in the XOOPS Brasil module pack) blockies has a little script incorporating a script by pphlogger.com It records site statistics on a separate site and allows display of several basic stats on your XOOPS pages in aneat little block. Records "todays visitors unique, todays page views, ditto yesterday, ditto week and total count also visitors online now count. CAUTION! I have now stopped using this because it slows the site down (javascript parsing) Worth a look though if its important to you. Not quite like IPb but very useful plus some good site stats as well.

Richard

brash
  • 2004/1/16 23:21

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

Thanks Richard

I'm actually already using blockies from www.brandycoke.com to display my pphlogger stats. I think it's quite good as long as you only have a few stats enable, having them all enabled really slows site loading time as you said.

However, I'd still like to know where to look to even start producing a "most user online" style stat fro the who's online block. I can't imagine it would be too hard as it already counts how many are connected to your site. All I need is some way to store and dislay the highest amount.

Login

Who's Online

232 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 232

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits