Re: MediaWiki Module
  • 2005/6/22 12:34

• Mikhail

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/1/19

ops, sorry... im sleeping here

Quote:
PS : erh, forget it .. didn't see your previous post

this was writed after or before my reply?
do you need more details?

Mikhail
  • 2005/6/22 12:14

• Mikhail

• Just can't stay away

Quote:

Xavier wrote:
Hi Mikhail ;
what do you mean by "import the wikipedia" ? how have you done this ?

Xavier

I mean: import the wikipedia sql to XOOPS Brasil (wiwi mod). I done with this simple code, nothing more. Was simple, and can boost a lot your pagerank.

[]s,

mikhail

Xavier
  • 2005/6/22 12:03

• Xavier

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/12

Hi Mikhail ;
what do you mean by "import the wikipedia" ? how have you done this ?

Xavier

PS : erh, forget it .. didn't see your previous post

Mikhail
  • 2005/6/20 15:32

• Mikhail

• Just can't stay away

Ah! a note to wiwi developers: import the wikipedia to wiwi make all XOOPS (all modules) SUPER SLOW *in my computer*.

Mikhail
  • 2005/6/20 15:02

• Mikhail

• Just can't stay away

ok, done. not tested, but I think that works:

wikipedia to wiwimod conversor:

REPLACE INTO xoops_wiwiidkeywordtitlebodylastmodifiedu_idvisibleparentpageidpridcontextBlock )

SELECT cur_idcur_titlecur_titlecur_textUNIX_TIMESTAMP(cur_timestamp), cur_user1'underpop'cur_idcur_id''
FROM cur

Mikhail
  • 2005/6/20 14:52

• Mikhail

• Just can't stay away

My XOOPS Drive is blocked by the Windows File Protection, and I dont rebember the part to decode the wikipedia time format to wiwimod. BUT,.... i write this conversor:

REPLACE INTO xoops_wiwiidkeywordtitlebodylastmodifiedu_idvisibleparentpageidpridcontextBlock )
SELECT cur_idcur_titlecur_titlecur_textcur_timestampcur_user1'underpop'cur_idcur_id''
FROM cur

Is incomplete, need a small code to convert the time. But is working...

obs: I think that is so easy make a conversor without php... I believe that someone will think the same after look and understand this small code.

ah! Tip: remove all wiwi blocks from the initial page, and increse the memory values from mysql.ini before make the dump.

BelaS
  • 2005/6/20 14:25

• BelaS

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/26

This thread may be getting a little elderly, but I am curious as to whether anyone has continued to look into developing a Mediawiki module for xoops. I would be quite interested, if so.

Xavier
  • 2005/4/11 17:59

• Xavier

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/12

Since wiwi 0.8, the editors are "outside" of Wiwimod module, as "global" classes. The thumbnail feature is part of the "image upload" feature of the editors : Wiwi just receives the content for storing and displaying.

I am currently working on a "xoops resource manager" i aim to interface with the XoopsEditors pack. This one differs from the XOOPS standard image manager in that it supports other types of resources than just images, handles "per document" attachments so that resources can be cleaned when related documents are deleted and more ...

This module is easy to extend for new resource types (pdf, flash, zip, etc..) , each resource presenting its own rendering options : thumbnail, popup, inline, size etc...

A few weeks left till i post a first "alpha" version for comments and critics

Xavier

juanc
  • 2005/4/5 19:38

• juanc

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/3/22

I was checking out wiwimod and its not bad. I think we are better off making wiwimod just as good as mediawiki instead.

There are a few things it lacks like nesting lists.

Also one feature I really like about MediaWiki is thumbnails. But maybe thumbnailing should be a feature of XOOPS image manager instead so all modules can take advantage of it.

Comments?

DocuAnt
  • 2005/4/4 19:14

• DocuAnt

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/22

It would be great to have a MediaWiki Module. But the requirements on server performance are high. Will everyone be able to use the module and could it ever be a well integrated one?

At the moment I am using wiwimod. I think it is actually a very good module and development is going on ...

Login

Who's Online

174 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 174

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits