I am waiting for Naish ...

hsalazar
Re: a dinamyc menu on top and a single block to show content
  • 2004/3/14 23:10

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

bendell:

The module will be available to all as soon as Naish's team has it ready. Please read the newsletter WOX: in this issue's interview, Naish answers your question.

Just as you, I'm waiting eagerly.

Cheers.

bendell
  • 2004/3/14 20:36

• bendell

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/14

I'm a newbie to XOOPS so maybe this is a dumb question I have seen a lot of discussion about module for the TigraMenu being written and then a Quote from Salazar saying that he received a TigraMenu4Xoops for free. Does anyone know if a module is freely available yet? and if so, where? I have not been able to track it down.

DobePhat
Re: a dinamic menus
  • 2004/3/6 2:15

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/15

salazar,
(or whoever else)

I examined the dynamic menu scriptss...real similar to some ones I was experimenting...in fact there are about four different ones I've been messing with...

And they ALL have one problem.... (and this may be on my End..Im stumped)...
In a Static Html Page The Positioning works great...even on your example for instance....you start to resize your window....the menu stays where it should...

Throw one of these menus into a xoopsified page (a la theme.html for instance) and all sorta of wacky results. You have to use absolute URLS to call the scripts...
and sometimes the css too...

But the #1 thing thats irritating me is that the menu floats ! ie: you start to resize your window...BAM...that menu is floating everywhere....

Again...not a Problem I've encountered on statc HTML...
Has anyone encountered this problem? It's truly annoying...

Basically I think it's a ccss issue as well...as It's not bad if you have your whole theme in a table and aligned left...its' mainly when you have the menu positioned somewhat in the center...and have a fixed width table...with the XOOPS content in it....
Thanks...

sol812
  • 2004/2/27 17:12

• sol812

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/4 1

link to a dhtml menu used by many webmasters in content systems , maybe can be a help -

http://youngpup.net/2001/ypslideoutmenus

sol812
ICQ UIN: 83266103
www.icq.com/83266103

DobePhat
  • 2004/2/27 16:27

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

Salazar:
Quote:
What I asked from them was an extension of the capabilities of the free menu, and they accepted and sent me a TigraMenu4Xoops for free.

Thats VERY cool....
That is some lean scriptage you are talking about you got going on there...
Mind if I take a look at it...(if I get from that example site?).

Thanks as always!

kaliman
  • 2004/2/27 14:23

• kaliman

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/12/17

Thanks!
Im glad it will be possible

carnuke
  • 2004/2/27 7:49

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

You may lke to look at Varlinux.org .I have found npetrely very helpful with answering questions about XOOPS issues, he may tell you about the menu system he uses on his site here

Richard

hsalazar
  • 2004/2/27 7:07

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

DobePhat:

I can tell you this: I've seen most of the free DHTML menus available, as well as some commercial ones, trying to find the Holy Grail of dynamic menus, without success. Tigra's menus are among the best I've found, and they're also very low-priced. There's a free version of their menu that is good enough for most applications, and they do have a Pro and a Gold version, each with its own pros and cons.

What I asked from them was an extension of the capabilities of the free menu, and they accepted and sent me a TigraMenu4Xoops for free. This menu is the basis of the one in the example site.

All menus have problems with forms. One of Tigra's has a way around this problem, I think the Gold one. Most of the display and positioning problems are minimal with this product.

And about the .js files, I do know there's already too much fat in XOOPS's pages to add more and more. The menu they sent me uses THREE .js files, but they ARE lean: 3, 1 and 1 kb.

Let's see when this is ready, and then we'll all have better ground to decide for or against, but I'm sure for many this will be a nice choice.

Cheers.

DobePhat
  • 2004/2/27 6:39

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

good job salazar,

Nice demo. I like it, thats a static page though right?

It's a pretty standard script you can find in most oopen source propegated script sharing sites...
I've been working on a similar menu system...

THe problem I am having is integrating it into XOOPS theme.html. Also...the z index (I guess) if the sub menu is over any sort of Form element....then the form element..."pos through". Dont know if that makes any sense or not...but I either need to clean up my code or look at some others...

Also, absolute positioning: should be ok whith netscape 7.1 and Mozilla...but the real trick is to have th .js files be small as possible...there is so much in a XOOPS generated page already... so Im curious how we can go about it with the best optimization.

We should have one on our site up by next week.
Look forward to this development though...it's been a real pain to configure!

p.s: I just noticed you have a menu_tpl.js?
So that makes three scripts...for one menu system, then we have the XOOPS .Js and whatever else...hmmmm
Maybe I do need a third one? But a t what cost as far as speed?

Login

Who's Online

154 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 154

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits