DarinAllan
Frameworks?

Hi, what is the latest Frameworks that we are using for 2.30 final?

Thanks ;o)

Marco
Re: Frameworks?
  • 2008/9/27 19:32

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

oups, it seems we forgot to release the package !
will be released soon
marco
Do synergy or die.

DarinAllan

Thanks Marco ;o)

DarinAllan

Is this the new Frameworks, well I guess it is, just checking ;o)

Frameworks 1.22

mboyden
  • 2008/10/17 19:07

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

yes, 1.22 was the latest release I knew of, although I found a version 1.35 published as well from wishcraft. Don't know the story on that one. I did a comparison and what I found was a few interesting differences. 1.35 announces itself and is based upon 1.20 instead of the 1.22, although maybe not. It appears it was updated to support wishcraft's modules.

Changes:
- added graph (jpgraph)
- doesn't include the youtube text sanitization added in 1.22
- adds geshi text sanitization
- adds xoopseditor stuff to xoops22 directory (don't use so didn't look at the details)

If you don't need any of this, then Frameworks 1.35 isn't necessarily for you.

I am currently exploring the upgrade of all our production XOOPS sites to 2.3.0 (and now 2.3.1). I am nearly finished in the research & analysis prior to applying it to a test implementation so I can test functionality across the board before doing final production release for our production sites.

Upon inspection, what was released in 2.3.1 does not include Frameworks -- at least not fully. Some of it was moved to XOOPS root classes (textsanitizer, captcha). So, I'm now researching further how the Frameworks files in the 2.3.1 releases relate to Frameworks 1.22 (or 1.35). Do I replace the current 1.22 (or 1.35) files with the ones in 2.3.1?

Either way, I'm assuming that we no longer need the xoops22 folder in Frameworks. This stuff was for module compatibility for those running the 2.2.x XOOPS core. This core no longer needs that, so I'll ignore (and remove) that.

I've found that some modules call files in Frameworks that aren't there unless you load the Frameworks release. This also includes those that moved into the core (such as captcha and textsanitizer). So, either we need to redirect to the new code somehow or more likely just run both until those modules are updated to no longer make such calls. It's possible maybe that the updates in 2.3.1 are for this reason.

[Edit a few minutes later]
Just found the Frameworks for 2.3.x release. Doesn't address what to delete and what to do with those programs (like CBB) that make calls to directories that no longer exist. I guess we'll see, eh? Thus, I'm assuming that I'll need to have both until modules are rewritten for 2.3.x.
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

Anonymous
  • 2008/10/17 19:52

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hi Mark,

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do with Frameworks too, i.e. I'm not sure what to do and can't find anything definitive. If we're confused then others might be too

For the benefit of other xoopsers, my CBB 3.08 installation works just fine with 2.3.1 at the moment with the following set up:

1. Frameworks 1.22 overwritten with a) the Frameworks from the 2.3.0 Upgrade and b) the files from the 2.3.1 Upgrade subsequently applied. I think the order of application is critical here:

Frameworks 1.22 overwritten with 2.3.0 Frameworks then updated with the files from the 2.3.0 to 2.3.1 upgrade package.

2. The xoopeditors from the 2.3.0 core (as upgraded by the 2.3.1 update) but with the /dhtmlext folder from the xoopseditor 1.21 package added (I got blank page when trying to create a new thread which adding this folder corrected).

My guess, although I can't find it written anywhere explicitly, is that the "Frameworks for 2.3.0" released a few days ago will be for the forthcoming CBB 4.0 and Articles 2.0 modules (both of these were released for testing at the same time as the "Frameworks for 2.3.0").

I suspect, but can't be sure, that the Frameworks that come with 2.3.0 core won't be enough to run CBB 3.08 or the forthcoming CBB4 and Articles2 modules. Hope I'm wrong - can anyone enlighten us?

Also, to use CBB 3.08, can I replace Frameworks 1.22 (as updated above) with the "Frameworks for 2.3.0" package?

mboyden
  • 2008/10/17 20:36

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

Also interesting is that the new core class files that replace these functions reference the old Frameworks directory for their plugin paths.

Frameworks in my combined installations is called by modules SmartObjects, CBB, XoopsInfo (and some other internal Frameworks calls); some calls are to files that weren't in XOOPS 2.3.0, 2.3.1 update or Frameworks for 2.3.0, thus the Frameworks 1.22 release appears to be needed. I'd guess the load/install order you suggested is correct. And someone may need/want to merge the Frameworks 1.35 version. Interestingly, the Frameworks for 2.3.0 includes geshi but not jpgraph as found in 1.35 (there may be other differences, too).

art - used by CBB (newbb), xoopsInfo, transfer directory, fpdf directory, captcha directory (by new captcha, too??), class/xoopseditor/xoopseditor.php

captcha - used by CBB (newbb), xoopsInfo - calls files not included in the 2.3.0 class/captcha, solution may be to either include both, change CBB code, and/or just link the file to the new one?

compat called by art directory (graphics only), also xoops22 directory

textsanitizer - used by class/xoopseditor/dhtmlext/dhtmlext.php

xoops22 - used by CBB, but only for v2.2.x (which I don't use), can be removed

Directories that I've NOT found referenced: compat, PEAR (or the new pear)

PEAR was moved (should we redirect with symbolic link?) no modules I have currently use.

Capcha was classed, but it appears, along with several others to reference the captch directory under Frameworks.
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

ghia
  • 2008/10/17 22:52

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Quote:
Thus, I'm assuming that I'll need to have both until modules are rewritten for 2.3.x.
At this point I would say that some rewriting on 2.3.x is still needed so that it stays compatible with the existing modules and previous versions of XOOPS.

I can not see what is the point for moving all these directories and files around. Certainly, it looks very messy.

phppp
  • 2008/10/18 2:01

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

For most modules, you do not need extra Frameworks.
Some critical files have been released in Frameworks with XOOPS 2.3 core package for backward compatibility.

An extra package was also released for just-in-case:
https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=4474

Just keep in mind: XOOPS 2.3 branch is a bridge towards XOOPS 3.0

Login

Who's Online

192 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 192

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits