• neveryonas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/4/24

Hi,

Using XOOPS version 2.0.16
Using News 1.56 and Apache 2.2.8

After upgrading my XOOPS version and then upgrading my mods,
I have run into this problem with the news. In admin,
I can see my topics, and when I edit them, and go to preview, I can read the article. However, if I try to view,
even by clicking from Admin, I just get a blank page.
My permissions are all set.

Also on the main page, I am not getting a list of articles, it is just showing the oldest. When you click on the link, it goes to the article.php and shows the correct story id in the address bar, but just shows a blank.

Not sure, if I just have somthing configured incorrectly, or something is wrong.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance...

cheers

zyspec
Re: article.php shows blank page
  • 2008/4/24 16:18

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

It would help to know what you upgraded from / to... (I'm assume you have more than just the News module loaded).

You might try:
1) Clearing the /templates_c directory (except for index.html)
2) Clear the /cache directory (except for index.html and adminmenu.php)
3) Enable PHP debugging through Xoops>Admin>Preferences>General Settings. Then let us know what you find.

neveryonas
Re: article.php shows blank page
  • 2008/4/24 18:19

• neveryonas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/4/24

Hi,
I upgraded from version 1.15, I believe. I tried your suggestions, however there was no index.html in the cache directory.

I turned on debugging, and here are the results

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /class/tree.php line 141

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /class/tree.php line 141

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /modules/system/blocks/system_blocks.php line 304

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file /include/comment_view.php line 122

Login

Who's Online

213 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 213

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits