deka87
Frameworks and Xoops editor
  • 2008/1/9 10:48

• deka87

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/10/5

Hi, I've installed a new module, but when I launch it I get this:

'You need to install these packages in order to make this module work properly: Frameworks v 1.1 or newer, XOOPS editor 1.10 or newer.' I tried to find those at xoops.org but no results. Is it extra modules and where should I install them?
Mind anchors

wuddel
Re: Frameworks and Xoops editor
  • 2008/1/9 11:26

• wuddel

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/13

Get it here. For installation read the readme.txt
cu wuddel

[size=x-small]sorry about my sh** english [/size]

deka87
  • 2008/1/9 15:56

• deka87

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/10/5

thanks dude
Mind anchors

fredgsanford

Sounds like a lot of work/trouble to go through for installing a module. Wish it was more easy.

I wanted to install the xpress (wordpress) module, but decided against it because I don't fully understand frameworks ..or the xoopseditor.

I ended up going with popnupBlog because it was a normal mod install.

mboyden
  • 2008/1/13 16:33

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

Actually shouldn't be any harder than installing a module.

Frameworks and XOOPSeditor are both additions to the XOOPS core provided by module developers instead of core developers, although I understand they are targeted for eventual core integration. They are fairly simple to use -- you just follow their instructions to upload them into the XOOPS root folder, and then they are available to the modules that use them.

Clear as mud?
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

fredgsanford

Well if so many new modules are using frameworks now, and this XOOPS editor then why not include them in the XOOPS core?

All of this stuff is confusing because some of these modules that need frameworks, and the XOOPS editor say nothing about it in their readme files.
So basically you have to come on here and start asking questions and hope that somebody will reply.

I just don't think it is too user friendly when you have to start downloading & installing all of these extras to get a module to work.

Imagine somebody just getting started using XOOPS and he needs a blog module like xpress, or a wiki like mediawiki .. and he/she doesn't even know how to install a module yet. They will be totally lost!

domecc
  • 2008/1/14 1:44

• domecc

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/30

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=120014

There will be official download URL. And you can also get lastest version from SVN.
XoopsChina Webmaster

Login

Who's Online

181 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 181

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits