DCrussader
XOOPS vs XCL vs XOOPS Total administration

Quote:

Hey DCrussader, it's obviously that you misunderstood
everything and everyone, refering to Cube, you're wrong.
But XOOPS Cube is not the topic.

Why I'm wrong, with that ? You recommend forks here, why Cube and not ExV2 or RunCMS ?

Let's make it a topic then, since u're looking more cooperative on this forums, what the #OOPS# is the problem with this XOOPS Cube Administration

http://img214.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xcl212uk1.jpg
that's how looks XOOPS Cube 2.1.2 on
http://www.tophost.bg
http://www.siteground.com/

and everyone knows how looks the 3 years old core (my xoops).

Or again here is not the place and time to discuss XOOPS Cube matters ?

Let's people know how good is the Cube Official supporters, specially you...

... and few words about XOOPS Brasil 2.0.18, you have to check it by your eyes Damaster, that's means modern, easy to use, lovely administration, not the one provided few lines above.
May The Source Be With You!

vaughan
Re: XOOPS vs XCL vs XOOPS Total administration
  • 2007/11/10 15:09

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

Damaster doesn't want to check it out, the only thing he is content with doing here on XOOPS is causing disruption and using other peoples accounts without their permission.

as for XOOPS Brasil 2.0.18, yes the admin interface is superb, I don't think you'll find a person here on XOOPS that thinks any differently with that opinion. certainly a lot of effort has been made to produce that version, and everyone here applauds their efforts.. myself included.

we certainly 200% need more cooperation between the core devs and the local support site developers as a whole.

ForumModerator1
Re: XOOPS vs XCL vs XOOPS Total administration

These irrelevant posts were moved from this thread as the authors were not answering the original poster's question in a constructive manner. Warning: Remain on topic and don't bring your personal battles into a thread started by a new user looking for help.

post 2
Damaster Wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

You should get the japanese version at xoops.jp
but both versions xoops.org and XOOPS 2.0.x JP are old
You can get the newest of all branches: xoopscube.jp
that will manage multibytes and multilanguage (en/jp)
installing the module Cubeutils by Mr. Nobunobu :

-AutoLogin
-MultiLanguage

Have Fun

post 3
DCrussader wrote:
Quote:
Damaster, u are a bit wrong about XOOPS (2.0.17.1 is released few days ago...)

The guy ask about help, how to run XOOPS site (not Cube, Zarilia, Nuke, RunCMS, ExV2 or whatever XOOPS Clone) with Multilanguage support, which is possible, thanks to phppp module XLanguage , wondering why u not give better support at Cube forums ?

XOOPS 2.0.x(.JP) and XOOPS 2.0.17.1(.ORG) have better support as modules, as community (since the last changes).

Quote:

The site I am building is not very complicated, just a download section and a news section. Thing thing that I am having problem is making it a bilingual site, particularly making Japanese characters appear.

2.0.17.1 support and works without any problems with utf8_general_ci tables, with UTF-8 encoded language files. The same cant be said for Cube.

The guy also ask about Download section, which one of the modules maintaining Downloads (section), works fine on Cube, without mydownloads 1.10 (Onokazu, from the first XOOPS 2.0.0).

WF-Downloads 3.2 is the best solution for that, and can be downloaded from SmartFactory.ca. Created by Catzwolf years ago, currently is maintained and improved by Marcan.
WF-Downloads 3.2 works fine on the following XOOPS:
XOOPS 2.0.17.1(.ORG)
XOOPS 2.0.16JP (.JP), before to change to Cube Legacy.

p.s. Wondering why u are not so "nice" in Cube forums Damaster ?

post 4
Damaster wrote:
Quote:
Hi DCrussader,

Isn't you the guy who couldn't distinguish XOOPS Cube cpanel features
user/group view from edit permissions that i had to made a new
interface with the nice icones from famfam !?
Now there's admintheme changer module, life is good.

Well, nevermind, because it is all said, where I suggest the new,
you try to force people to use a 3 years old broken release.
So, wont we support where help is needed?

By the way, what means to you :

Quote:

confusedpaul wrote:

I have been trying to use xlanguage, but I can't get any Japanese to appear.

Didn't you forget that multibytes support was one of fork reasons.

As you're smart enough to assume your lack of honesty and
bad advises publicly, I consider you're assuming to support
security, ergonomic and usability, or compatibility issues that
user will find for sure, don't you !?

Finally, if you're hijacking this thread to make a personal attack,
no worries, I'll be nice and set you free to fix it.

Have Fun!

post 5
DCrussader wrote:
Quote:
Hah, u change the administration for only one user, which will not use Cube till something is changed to good (as community) my friend.

Till Cube was 2.0.16a and Legacy was RC/Beta stage was different, can u check the first threads there.... nvm.

Cube is nothing at this moment, only a good framework for developers.

As u say, this 3 (for me is more then 3, but nvm) years old release of XOOPS 2.0.xx is more stable and easy to use.

//%%%%%        LANGUAGE SPECIFIC SETTINGS   %%%%%
define('_CHARSET''UTF-8');
define('_LANGCODE''en');

// change 0 to 1 if this language is a multi-bytes language
define("XOOPS_USE_MULTIBYTES""0");
?>

Taken from this 3-5 years old release. The whole world moves to Unicode UTF-8, only Legacy stay with ISO....

If Legacy is so beauty and prefered framework, why Catz is back here, and not with Legacy ?

Which XOOPS is wide used, Legacy or XOOPS, which one have more modules, more themes, Cube Legacy - the "best" framework at least don't have 10 themes, show me the "new" Dynamic themes, as Dynamic I can imagine something like Joomla!/Mambo, not Nuke design - left, right column and center for the content.

And finally is not personal attack, just to remind u, that this is XOOPS Forum, and we users, supporters, module developers, theme designers support users which have problems with XOOPS 2.0/2.2/2.3.

Is there a category XOOPS Cube Legacy ?

This is a XOOPS Cube 2.1.2 Administration
[img=http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/5379/xcl212uk1.th.jpg]

And answer again is: No, the problem is not with my hosting or me, bcz all of this old, useless cores, like XOOPS, Nuke, Joomla, Mambo, Xaraya, PostNuke, MDPro, PHPBB 3, MyBB, PHP-Fusion and so on works, except this powerful framework called Legacy, XCL...
If this is the new way of maintaining sites with XOOPS, no way, prefer to stay with XOOPS 1.3, then to go XOOPS Cube 2.1.2

post 6
catzwolf wrote:
Quote:
What does the word Legacy mean? In this case it mean nothing short of a 'backward compatible system'. Rather than taking the code and moving on, we spend half our time making sure that the old code will owrk with it. Personally I have never been keen on trying to be backwards compatible and tend to try and push the barrier than putting one up. Yes Cube is a fine system, but to me they really should have committed themselves to adding the new features that should be required by any modern CMS, in that respect if fails just as much as XOOPS does.

As I have said before and I will state again, normal users don't give a #OOPS# whether the code is gold plated and covered in diamonds. If it does the job to them in the easist manner possible and has the features from the word go and a webmaster can manage their site, then they will be happy. You just have to look at Mambo, Joomla and Drupal to understand what I am saying.

So sorry, I would rather be able to add content and all the features required to run a website without having to download a whole load of modules (that may or may not work in legacy mode) or not.

What I am trying to say is that you need a fine balance between good scalable/secure and features for any CMS to really work.

Catz

post 7
Damaster wrote:
Quote:
@ DCrussader

I knew it was you
To me everyone is part of community = 1+1+1...
Built an intuitive interface for one user made
possible an adminTheme module that benefits All.

Hope you'll find here people to made your xoops
admin interfaces, themes, whatever

Humm.. what means "legacy" in terms of technology?

MS95, 98, ME, XP, Vista, Mac OS9, OSX
Xoops 2.0 # 2.0.14 # 2.0.16 # 2.2 # ?
Xoops 2.0 => 2.0.16JP => XCL

Also if people still coding the "old way", patching,
where do you see broken compatibility and
where do you see evolution?

But we are off-topic. Aware of what exists as options,
it is up to everyone to test and get their own opinion!
The Freedom of Choice!

@ Catz

Did you comment the code of module XOOPS Hack ?
Or do you have any idea to extend the code alike
XCL preloads, without hacking the core?

post 10
Damaster wrote:
Quote:
Hey DCrussader, it's obviously that you misunderstood
everything and everyone, refering to Cube, you're wrong.
But XOOPS Cube is not the topic. Create one about it.

Finally, what we all need is just know what is going on.
What is available. Then download it, test and made a choice.

You made your choice, stay with old
I made mine, contribute to evolve.
So let others choose by them selves.

post 11
DCrussader wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

I made mine, contribute to evolve.
So let others choose by them selves.

Imagine what ?
They're here, bcz they already made they're choices, and this choice is the old, useless, insecure and unstable XOOPS 2.0.17.1, if they have other choices, they should be on Nuke, Xaraya, Fusion even on your forums....

Advertising forks here, is a noobish act, found another way to advertise and promote this useless(able) core...

post12
Damaster wrote:
Quote:
@ DCrussader

Aren't you advertising nuke, joomla, xaraya?
Do you want to play? Because it's seems very
personal game. I'll be glad to do so on your
forums.

You made your experience. Set others free
there's no need to manipulate information
not here!

post 13
DCrussader wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Set others free
there's no need to manipulate information
not here!

Who did it with it ?

Quote:

Hi,

You should get the japanese version at xoops.jp
that will manage multibytes and multilanguage (en/jp)
installing the module Cubeutils by Mr. Nobunobu :

-AutoLogin
-MultiLanguage

Have Fun

Quote:

Did I said somewhere u can get latest Xaraya branch from cube.somewhere.net ?

post 14
Damaster wrote:
Quote:
You really want to play

Ok. Lets go! But that may hurt you're ego.
Take care! Here is my first shoot :

What is the subject of the topic ?

post 17
Vaughan wrote:
Quote:
Damaster, yet again you confirm your inability to support XOOPS and choose to promote XCL.

you're a cracker & dishonest, you use otyher peoples accounts without their permission, you cause more grief here than a little.

XOOPS should do the right thing and BAN you. I will not stop campaigning and fighting to get you banned for the crimes you have committed here on xoops.org. yes crimes.

I have no problems getting myself banned if it gets you and all the other #OOPS#s banned at the same time. at least if they ban me, it's because i openly admit to ignoring requests to be quiet and not responding to you.. But I see it as doing XOOPS a big favour by ridding you of this site.

keep on buddy, cos i may step up my campaign more, which means I will be behind you on every single post here on x.org reminding people of what a dishonest and unscrupulous person you really are.

Login

Who's Online

216 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 216

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits