Fork me on GitHub
Get XOOPS XOOPSXOOPS FAQFAQ ForumsForums NewsNews ThemesThemes ModulesModules
New Posts New Topics All Posts All Forums Index General Modules Themes Development International XOOPS.org

Search

Donat-O-Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00

Learn XOOPS Core

Local Support

Advertisement

XOOPS Code hosted on SourceForge

Cumulus Tag Cloud

- 2 2.5 2.6 3.0 4 6 2013 adslight Android AntiHarvesting AntiMalUser AntiSpam API Apple Battlefield billige Bootstrap Captcha cell cent chronolabs CHUNG Clicks content CĂN demo docek download Dresses evden eve facebook Fat floor Food for free Gateway Google Guide herre Home Honeypot HP Human HỘ IP iPhone jQuery Language List log Loss mobile module modules Monster new newbb news NHÀ online PARK phone PHP Prevention profile project Protector publisher Rapid RESIDENCE responsive review Rights rmcommon security Sentry site Smartphone Smoking Solution Spam stem Studio tdmcreate template The Theme themes web weight Wishcraft xoops Xortify XPayment ZendFramework

New Users

Registering user

# 137777

MrMister

Welcome to XOOPS!

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Register To Post

#1 Posted on: 2007/4/9 14:55 WF-Sections V2.08 Released (PHP5 Update)
As promised,

This is a bug fix version of WF-Sections. Well actually this version will allow you to run WF-Sections on php5 now without any issues.

I also fixed a few other minor issues. Whether or not I do any major work is a different story.

You can download it from here.

I will release a v1 to v2 script within the next few days.

Note:

WF-Sections is considered 'OLD' now and I am ashamed to say the coding standard in this module is well below what it should be (We all have to learn somewhere) and there are better coded modules than this out there for this job. So use at your own risk :-p

ATB

Catz

Catzwolf
Home away from home
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
(Show More) (Show Less)

#2 Posted on: 2007/4/9 15:12 Re: WF-Sections V2.08 Released (PHP5 Update)
Thanks for this update, I, like alot of people I think where suffering from Turkish hackers trying to do some sort of SQL injection attack(Protector stopped it everytime), on checking my logs it was always print.php they went through, was it just print.php that was more unsecure?

I went into the templates and removed the print link and deleted print.php off of the server, how many people actually print the articles anyway.

But thanks for this update i will install ASAP.

Oh and wf-sections may be old and the coding maybe not up to standard but I think wf-sections is one of the best article modules available, i particularly like the layout especially the index page with the categories and articles underneath kind of gives it a yahoo news look and i like the ability to spotlight articles on the front page.

I think with some modifications and updates it would be a great news or article module, like most wf modules it was a bit feature heavy, a bit of streamlining and some updating and wf-sections would kick major ass in the article module stakes.

Thanks for your hard work

Michael Jackson = King Of Pop

Xoops = King Of CMS
martyboy
Quite a regular
Quite a regular
From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
(Show More) (Show Less)

#3 Posted on: 2007/4/9 16:01 Re: WF-Sections V2.08 Released (PHP5 Update)
thank you John

I agree with Marty about this module, its a great module, I prefer its layout to many of the newer article modules.

It will be great to see this module back in use!!

Lloyd
Just popping in
Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
(Show More) (Show Less)

#4 Posted on: 2007/4/9 17:35 Re: WF-Sections V2.08 Released (PHP5 Update)
PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS VERSION THAT I RELEASED!!

I just been given a newer version of this module, 2.91 to be exact. I will fix this one up and release it.

Many thanks Lloyd for the update :)

ATB

Catz

Catzwolf
Home away from home
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
(Show More) (Show Less)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.