panopticon2
Modifying Main Menu Navigation
  • 2005/2/15 0:52

• panopticon2

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/15

I am having difficulty finding where I can modify the navigation menus, such as Main Menu and User Menu. I want to rename some sections and remove some entries entirely. How do I do this? Thanks.

jdseymour
Re: Modifying Main Menu Navigation

Go to the modules admin page, Rename the modules there to whatever you want to appear in the menu. Set the weight 0 is hidden, the lesser the number the higher in the menu it will appear. Like I said 0 hides the menu item.

Eluzion
  • 2005/2/15 18:18

• Eluzion

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/14

Is it possible to create new blocks for the menu? So you don't only have the Main Menu and User Menu? This website (xoops.org) has pretty much exactly what I'm talking about (Community, User Menu, Development, etc.).

Thanks!

wammes
  • 2005/2/15 18:57

• wammes

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/1/3 1

You could easily create a custom block for achieving this. Goto system admin, blocks. On the bottom of the page you can create your own block. Use the same html structure as it generates for the mainmenu. This way all the menu's look the same. The only drawback on this is that you create a static menu not a dynamic like the main menu and usermenu.

dadruid
  • 2005/3/5 3:10

• dadruid

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/12

Another solution would be to use MultiMenu by Malaika Systems. (Not to be confused with the MultiMenu by WolFactory) It allows you to do exactly what you're talking about. The only information about I've found is in the faq at https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=261. Check out the comments for a little clarification on how to use the module and a working link to the download page.

Login

Who's Online

322 user(s) are online (205 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 322

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits