To see if there is module to make a BBS system as Discuz
  • 2014/7/8 15:17

• Just popping in

• Since: 2014/7/5 0

I know the Discuz makes great progresses in BBS forum systems. almost all such sites are powered by Discuz. meanwhile the XOOPS is much lagging behind. The core system did not get refreshed for years and This should be one of the reasons that most modules did not work with 2.5 or late.

What I realy want for a forum, comparing to what Discuz does, are content that is paid to see or relying to view (part of the post, not all).

Instead turn to Discuz, I sitll want to stick to XOOPS for I need my site does more than just a forum.

Hope there are some modules which do what I expect. whether they are paid or free. I prefer free module...

Mamba
Re: To see if there is module to make a BBS system as Discuz
  • 2014/7/9 0:15

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
The core system did not get refreshed for years

Well, if you look at the timeline of XOOPS Core releases, I would say that it was refreshed pretty frequently

But you are right that some of the modules did keep up the pace with PHP and XOOPS development. Now that XOOPS 2.5.7 has been released as fully compatible with PHP 5.5.x, we'll focus on consolidating several of the modules and updating them, and making them more consistent in their "look & feel" and behavior. There is still a lot of work to do, so we would definitely encourage everybody to help us in this area.

Quote:
What I realy want for a forum, comparing to what Discuz does, are content that is paid to see or relying to view (part of the post, not all).

Does it have to be Forum, or could it be something else, like a News module? What kind of content are you going to offer?

Quote:
Instead turn to Discuz, I sitll want to stick to XOOPS for I need my site does more than just a forum.

That's great! I am happy to hear it!

Quote:
Hope there are some modules which do what I expect. whether they are paid or free. I prefer free module...

Well, if you plan to make money with it, it might be a sound investment for you to offer a "bounty" to develop such a module, or modify an existing one, so other users could benefit from it too. Every time somebody contributes code or module to XOOPS, or pays somebody to create a module or theme for XOOPS, it helps to make XOOPS stronger and attract more users to XOOPS. So it's a Win-Win situation!
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

222 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 222

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits