MikeShane
position of block
  • 2013/8/13 19:22

• MikeShane

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/1/5 2

How do I put a block ahead of a module on a page when using center position for block
example I want visitors to see block before module

Mamba
Re: position of block
  • 2013/8/13 20:04

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

1) above the module?
2) show it on a page, while the module is not visible?

I am not sure I understand what you want to accomplish.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

MikeShane
  • 2013/8/14 21:59

• MikeShane

I want to be able to make a new block and place it on classifieds pagena dbe able to have it viewed above the classifieds or any other module to do the same.
Another example is to use the start for videos module but be able to make a custom block view it in the center section having it appear above the starting module.

xoobaru
  • 2013/8/14 22:49

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

Did you check "Classifieds" module in the "Visible in" configuration in blocks admin, and then set it for lowest weight value so it appears on top of the module page?

Using CTRL click will let you individually add any modules page as you want.

MikeShane
  • 2013/8/15 11:09

• MikeShane

I am not sure what you mean?
"Visible in" configuration in blocks admin
under blocks admin if I check "modules" classifieds I only see add blocks not the main page. same with any other module I have installed
Am I looking at the wrong place?

xoobaru
  • 2013/8/15 15:11

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

Quote:

How do I put a block ahead of a module on a page when using center position for block
example I want visitors to see block before module

My understanding is that you want to use a block, and you want that block only to display when users open the classifieds module. Regardless of whether the block belongs to this classified module, or is a block not related to the module:

Once you have it positioned in the center where you want it.

Click on the edit parameters icon in the block in the admin block editor.

A selection box for all pages wherein you want this block to display, correct (including the pages for all modules)?

Deselect all pages with exception of the module within which you want the block to appear.

Then assign the lowest number in the weight configuration or that block so that it is positioned always above the page the module opens. When users exit the module, the block also goes away. They will not see it again until they go to the module.

Maybe I did not understand you correctly?

brutalicuss

I think you can do that: Set your custom block in "Top center" and all other available blocks must be in "Bottom center" and (if you have) left/right bottom too. This block must be alone in all TOP area and must be visible in "All pages"

MikeShane
  • 2013/8/18 19:50

• MikeShane

I understand how to do the custom blocks and the blocks assigned to modules, what I am looking for is when you go to a module classifieds, videos etc for the center block the module that you are visiting is in the top center. How do I change weight for this block since it is not listed under blocks administration. What I am trying to do is be able to add custom blocks and have them viewed above the module instead of after.
Example for the classifieds page I would like to add a custom center block with a special or coupon and when I add them to the page they always are below whatever module page I am on. I guess what I am looking for is where can I assign weight configuration for the main part of a module that is not listed under my blocks admin.
XOOPS Version XOOPS 2.5.6
PHP Version 5.2.17
mySQL Version 5.5.23-55

Mamba
  • 2013/8/18 21:41

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

See if "Blocks Anywhere" can help:

https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=4733

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=63775

http://mark.boyden.name/smartsection.item.85/block-anywhere-xoops-smarty-templates.html
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

MikeShane
  • 2013/8/19 16:55

• MikeShane

sorry I am not good at explaining in older xoops (XOOPS 2.5.5) the custom blocks are placed above the starting module and if I would place a custom block to appear on a module the custom block was above the module but with this version of xoops (I have three installs using it)
XOOPS Version XOOPS 2.5.6
PHP Version 5.2.17
mySQL Version 5.5.23-55

I cannot find out how to have my custom block appear above the module in the new version of xoops

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits