culex
Re: xoops chat integration (like facebook) ?
  • 2010/3/20 15:50

• culex

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/23

Looks like someone is putting the last work to placing the chat in footerbar (facebook style)

@btesec Nicely spottet. Also if you use protector, remember to put xim in the setting "Modules out of DoS/Crawler checker". someone have testet and this is the reason with white pages. Protector thinks the persistent htmlrequsts from the chat is an dos attack :)

If you use jquery in themes or include the XOOPS default framework jquery remember to use an updated version.

Current stable jquery version is 1.4.2
Xoops version is.: 1.3.2

Dont know if this is a big deal but it might help ;)

ipwgc
  • 2010/3/20 17:15

• ipwgc

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/8/13

Hi culex,
As you already knows that I incorporate a 2 facebook bar in the SocialNet 2010 module.
and in the notification bar section right side (red flag or in the friends online, green button,) I'm working to add a chat.
see it from herehttp://www.ipwgc.com/socialnet/modules/socialnet/

Please you can leave a link to be able to download the instant message module?
It is possible that you send me a WinZip?

QUESTION: THIS LINK IS UPDATED?
http://xoops.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xoops/XoopsModules/instantmessenger/?sortby=date

Regards,
David

culex
  • 2010/3/20 18:01

• culex

• Module Developer

@ipwgc Nice work there no, the link you have was my first attempt with a messenger. Also someone made with same base and we joined forces to work on only one instead.

someone is making the last work on a 3rd style (footer like yours) and it should be ready to release as official version.

At the moment you can check out the svn trunk here

Just rename 'trunk' to xim

ipwgc
  • 2010/3/20 18:33

• ipwgc

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/8/13

Thank culex,
I will be reviewing your module,

I will be giving you a return.

Regards,
David

Mazarin
  • 2010/3/21 8:10

• Mazarin

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2008/12/10

Any news regarding fixing the issue with submit pages?

culex
  • 2010/3/21 14:01

• culex

• Module Developer

@mazarin Yes I believe so.

Add the module to protector "Modules out of DoS/Crawler checker" as someone has tested. This works fine.

Also I have just change 2 files in blocks. blocks.php and b_instantmessenger.php where I have changed include -> requre_once as this line sometimes gives back a cannot redelclare() error especially in submitpages.

The submit page in news works also with the chat, but in my site looks still very funny, but I think this is more a news bug than a chat bug.

SVN is updated with the blockfiles I mentioned before

Mazarin
  • 2010/3/21 19:00

• Mazarin

• Just can't stay away

No, doesn't work with Protector 3.4 and AMS 2.52 submit page.

culex
  • 2010/3/25 15:36

• culex

• Module Developer

I have just tested a fresh install in XOOPS 2.4.4 with AMS 3.00 as startup module (DHTML with xcode + plain text editors as basic) and all looks ok even in the submit page.

How any other editors treat the xim I dont know with AMS, but from my own page culex.dk I see the news with koivi editor doesnt look ok. But this is a problem even with the module removed, so looks like this is an editor issue and not a xim issue, or what ?

btesec
  • 2010/3/25 17:12

• btesec

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/2/20

tested with Tinymce FCKeditor koivi works great. No issues. Using News 1.66. also tried other mods and working fine. As I mentioned above clean up smarty_cache, smarty_compile and xoop_cache, then update the particular module so it picks up the list of editors. probably update the system module too. I would like to be able to minimize the chat window and keep it minimized until I ready to continue chatting or someone sends me a message. Kind of annoying since if I minimize then go to another page chat box maximizes again.

almost there guys.

Mazarin
  • 2010/3/25 20:11

• Mazarin

• Just can't stay away

In my case, it's AMS 2.52 with TinyMCE editor. It's definitely related to Xim one way or another. When I activate Xim, submit page always goes blank. When I deactivate Xim, everything works just as it should.

Login

Who's Online

176 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 176

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits