bumciach
File Publisher module concept
  • 2009/10/2 13:25

• bumciach

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/6/25

I would like to show on which I currently work (but the module is still in alpha stage).

pfxfp - File Publisher for Xoops - download and install like a normal module.

File Publisher is not yet another Download Module. It is (or it will be) rather simple intranet solution for sharing files. For example, to make public the documents from the meeting for employees (upload multiple files at once).

Usage:
- after install go to yoursite/modules/pfxfp/ (there is no normal admin side yet)
- (the form "New category") create several categories and subcategories. In the text box with the path you can also add the name of a nonexistent directory (it will be created).
- (the form "Select Category to upload") Select the category to which the files will be loaded. Then you should see image buttion (like in uploadify demohttp://www.uploadify.com/demo/). Do not change Destination there. Just click on the image button "Browse" and select files.
- to show the tree with files click "Show filetree" on the top

Problems:
- On some servers, file upload does not go smoothly (progres bar of each file is retained on a 100% - you need to click the red X to next file in the Queue were uploaded). I do not know yet the cause.
- Filetree appearance may not look good if the themes are defined styles for UL and LI elements. For example themes with content.css
#xo-canvas-content ul {

}
#xo-canvas-content li {

}

Remember, this is alpha (or even pre-alpha) version, to test plugins (Uploadify, filetree, treeview). Many things are hard coded.
At this stage, the files are listing directly from the directory. In future, there will be able to keep information about the files in the database (permissions, display time, descriptions, tags, etc.).
It would be nice if I could create a mechanism so that the files are available globally. For example, substituting wherever
<div class="id idnumber"> </ div>
would show the files from the category of "idnumber. Or
<div class="tags Tag1 tag2 tag3"> </ div>
shows files with a given tag. But even if it would be possible unless I do not have those skills up. Time will tell ;)

Mamba
Re: File Publisher module concept
  • 2009/10/14 8:55

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Very interesting! Thank you for sharing!

Would it be possible to make the "multiple file upload" as a "component" that could be used by other modules in the future?

For example, pretty much every picture gallery is reinventing a wheel by creating their own mechanism to upload files.

It would be nice to create a catalog of "XOOPS Components" for basic functionality, that could be re-used by future modules.

Maybe make it as part of XAM?

bumciach
Re: File Publisher module concept
  • 2009/10/15 8:47

• bumciach

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/6/25

Thanks Mamba :)

I think, yes. I had such a dream to create a universal XOOPS tool for uploads. For now, however, I have to focus on implementing functionality, which personally I need in my module.

I am just starting to learn XAM, so I can not say anything concrete about it now.

Login

Who's Online

159 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 159

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits