For long time I was thinking of an International/Multilingual XOOPS that can be used as a Demo for the people as well as a test environment for language translations.
Please be kind enough to comment if such a project is feasible! (I am neither tech nor coder).
This is what I have in mind:
- To work on and test Core, Modules and Themes translations.
- To demonstrate XOOPS Internationality capabilities
- Resource of XOOPS Translations *
URL: Something like “international.xoops.org” or “world.xoops.org”
XOOPS Version: The latest stable
XOOPS Modules **:
- Basic pack: Latest stable, e.g. CBB, News, Downloads, Links, FAQ, Polls etc.
- Any other needed Module
XOOPS Themes: 3 Themes including the used on xoops.org
Administrators (and forum moderators):
Country Local support representatives (1 each)
Country Local support representatives plus Translators assigned by the Local support representatives (membership by approval)
Each Country/Local support/Language members will belong to a Country/Local support/Language Group. They all should have read/write access to a common Forum. Visitors should have only view access. Visitors/xoops.org members can participate through xoops.org Forums.
From the existing xoops.org community.
* Finalized translations can be stored at the Download section and/or at SF.net
** In case there is a Localization conflict, Module(s) should be cloned.
What do you think?