kc0maz
A Vision Statement for Xoops.
  • 2007/8/11 14:21

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/18

Quote:

khuhner wrote:

However I cant get involved much more due to several XOOPS roadblocks. Once a clear vision, mission statement, and unbiased leadership is established for XOOPS I will reconsider.

Kurt

Good point. Shall we start to work on that.

First let's come up with a vision statement for XOOPS the product and a vision statement for the project.

Then we will come up with road map or mission statement of how we are going to get there.

Discussion about a vision and mission for the community will take place on Xoopsinfo.com.

What is your vision of the XOOPS product?

What is your vision of the XOOPS project?
Some dream of success, while others wake up and work for it.
--unknown

khuhner
Re: A Vision Statement for Xoops.
  • 2007/8/11 14:50

• khuhner

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/1/6 3

Quote:

kc0maz wrote:
Discussion about a vision and mission for the community will take place on Xoopsinfo.com.

What is your vision of the XOOPS product?

What is your vision of the XOOPS project?

I'd love to submit some ideas :)

Why is the discussion on the vision of XOOPS taking place on XoopsInfo.com rather than Xoops.org?

Kurt

kc0maz
  • 2007/8/11 15:15

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

Quote:

khuhner wrote:

I'd love to submit some ideas :)

Why is the discussion on the vision of XOOPS taking place on XoopsInfo.com rather than Xoops.org?

Kurt

There will be three different statements for the different areas of Xoops:

Xoops the product
Xoops the project
Xoops the Community

Each of these areas are separate, however none of those can exist without the support of the others. We are working cooperatively (X o & X i) so all the statements will work together, just like the different areas. Along those same lines it is not right for XOOPS the project to tell what the community what their vision is.

I have asked Davidl2 to start the forums on X i. If he hasn't done it yet, I am sure he will shortly.
--unknown

sailjapan

sorry, which thread is this following on from?

Crip
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

kc0maz
  • 2007/8/11 15:43

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

This not from one specific thread. however the opening comment is from
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=60291&forum=7&post_id=269597#forumpost269597

Kurt made a vaild point. All we are doing is following through.
--unknown

BlueStocking

To: khuhner amd all others.

Since things seem to be spreading out and the community is being shifted from from xoops.org I am hoping to put together a site that allows us to keep in contact.

I would like to invite you to share your webpage information with other community members. (your native language is ok if it is not English) Adverising what you do is encouraged...

Please ->>http://www.xoops.net.br/index.php?title=Xoopswiki2:Community_Portal << check in and leave your information <<- Lets not lose contact...

BTW: Links in blue have additional information those in red do not.

Thanks, Darcy
aka
BlueStocking/end-user-rep

khuhner
  • 2007/8/11 17:01

• khuhner

• Quite a regular

Quote:

BlueStocking wrote:
To: khuhner amd all others.

Since things seem to be spreading out and the community is being shifted from from xoops.org I am hoping to put together a site that allows us to keep in contact.

http://www.xoops.net.br/index.php?title=Xoopswiki2:Community_Portal << check in and leave

Thanks for you comments BlueStocking. However by advertising yet another "Xoops" website, it is furthering the fragementation of XOOPS community, members, etc.

Why not post HERE? Lets fix XOOPS first.

BTW, I am formulating thoughs on Vision Statement and Mission Statements....I'd be interested to see what you and others are thinking.

Kurt

Northern
  • 2007/8/11 17:06

• Northern

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/12/26

opensource or not, its still a busness, and it should be viewd as one.

and with any busness, or company, if you start to focus on other things, your bisness, or company will go right into the pots,can,garbage, what ever you would like to call it.

IMHO, I think this is malarkie. sence XOOPS is in dispair and needs some help, others ( well keep nameless ) would rather have everyone go to another site for help of to talk.
its not right..

if you need to restructure, then make a subdomain.
forums.xoops.org or support.xoops.org
not or well we would like you to go to some otherxoopssite.net for help....

with all the subdomain, link the users to all the subs. with a single db, or a bridge to a multi db.
theres many talented people here, that would love to help, but you have otheres that refuse to take it.

oh well, im only talking to a brick wall any who....

and well this is also IMHO.
Marc.

khuhner
  • 2007/8/11 17:13

• khuhner

• Quite a regular

Quote:

Northern wrote:
opensource or not, its still a busness, and it should be viewd as one.

Northern - I couldnt agree more.

Quote:

Northern wrote:

would rather have everyone go to another site for help of to talk.
its not right..

EXACTLY.

Quote:

Northern wrote:

if you need to restructure, then make a subdomain.
forums.xoops.org or support.xoops.org
not or well we would like you to go to some otherxoopssite.net for help....

DITTO.

So Northern, what ideas, thoughts, suggestions do you have to move this forward?

Kurt

BlueStocking

I am afraid I might have been misunderstood...

When I refer to advertising, I mean what ever it is you have interest in... not particularly XOOPS related, just using XOOPS as your means of promoting your product. I have visited many sites that have been made with XOOPS and have throughly enjoyed the information they bring to me.

Sailjapan talks about sailing in Japan...
Ka0maz links to his community church...
optikool talks about her hobbies and web paging efforts on her my page link. I have seen some interesting Fun and games sites done with oops, along with some fine philanthropy sites. (one about MS)

I don't know about you but I have a hard time keeping track of all the different places I can go for information and don't begin to know everyone who does websites that I could see examples of their work in action.

IF You Own a website, then come on over and list it along with the others, that included if you own an XOOPS information type site.

Does this help explain my intention?

Thanks, ...darcy
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

Login

Who's Online

188 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 188

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits