davidl2
Re: Module Repository - When is it going to open???
  • 2007/9/13 23:14

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Yes, we made a discussion private as it was relating to planning issues of the Addons site.

When those issues are dealt with, the details will be released and summerised into the public area.

I admit that the normal policy in this case is to leave a message explaining a thread move, but unfortunately I neglected to do this. (That's been done now)

However, if you wish to join the Addons team - then you will have access to this area.

Will_H
  • 2007/9/14 1:09

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Sounds good David, looking forward to all these changes. Thanks for the update.

BlueStocking

https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

seth_sd
  • 2007/9/14 3:42

• seth_sd

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/9

Quote:

BlueStocking wrote:
Sept 13th, 2007

Very good.
Thanks

No comprende...
"Why can't we have a car powered on a mixture of patchouli oil, ignorance, and double standards? There seems to be an inexhaustible supply of that sh1t." - LR

BlueStocking

FROM THS SITE AT XOOPSINFO.COM
Davidl2 posted... this news item.
We have determined to begin by reorganizing and expanding the forums. Each of the teams - Addons, Module Devs, Communication and Wiki - will be responsible for a forum category. Each team managed category will contain: 1 public forum, 1 work forum and 1 private forum. ...davidl2
End Quote

This makes perfect sense and should work very well for me. I understand that the heading on the public related forums will be Addons (public), Devs (public), etc., and will be contained within the same Main heading area.

So a registered member who is not on any team but interested in all aspects can post on relevant issues in relevant areas.

VERY GOOD!

I approve!

BlueStocking
End User Team Member
BEFORE initiating this change if I wanted to comment on Addons, Wiki, etc., there was no area for me to do that. I could go to the lounge where it was posted this was the place to post things that didn't relate to xoops. Or I could hijack someone else's thread that had nothing to do with the subject matter that I was wanting to respond to.

The people who post there used to be my friends and I enjoyed working with them on projects. Madfish and documentation. Giba with Wiki and test sites for his new XOOPS version, Skenow and his writing the manual for building an XOOPS site.

I am on the XOOPS Team, but I do not hold a position on any other team that is under the umbrella of XOOPS.ORG. I left the Coordination Team as a member for lack of transparency and not having the platform to achieve my goals. My goals are bringing the community together, and providing a service, not widening the riff or having to choose sides.

Davidl2 made a major step in the right direction when he announced AND I COULD RESPOND to the post. It was rare when on XI there was a post that I was interested in that I COULD POST TO.

Does that make it clearer?
I hope so...

RE: what is going on now, it is exactly what XI wanted. The freedom to run the XI site as they saw fit. We all have that now, including XO.

This doesn't bother me, what I am doing is for XOOPERS, not XI or XO. What I do is not site specific, its XOOPS specific.

BlueStocking
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

Login

Who's Online

282 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 282

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits