kc0maz
Progress Report [proposed] Community Coordination Team 1 July 2007
  • 2007/7/2 2:15

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/18

[proposed]Community Coordination status report as of 1 July 2007.

Team rooster

KC0MAZ (Team Leader)
JAVesey
Sailjapan

current moderators invitation status:

JMorris – declined / stepped down
irmtfan – declined
akitson – No Response
davidl2 – declined
vaughan ( M0nty) – pending
Jensclas – stepped down

Additional invitations have been sent

Team rooster still open

Completed Items-

-Process of submitting unresolved core issues and receiving updates
-Process of opening/closing topics relating to unresolved core issues
-Moderator access to XOOPSinfo for collecting and providing information about unresolved core issue

Open Items-

-Process of having resolved issues documented
-Process of referring unresolved module issues
-Process of referring unresolved Themes and Template issues
-Having all of the different processes documented and made available to the public.
-Moderating Code of Conduct & Rules

New Items-
(items proposed, however there has been no discussion on them)

-Review of the current general Code of Conduct
-Form or trouble ticket system for unresolved issues
-Process for removing useless/outdated forum topic and threads
-Special avatar(s) for moderators and coordinators

Post comments to this report to Community Coordination Thread.

KC0MAZ
Some dream of success, while others wake up and work for it.
--unknown

vaughan
Re: Progress Report [proposed] Community Coordination Team 1 July 2007
  • 2007/7/2 15:48

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

please note. I didn't decline the invitation. I'm just putting the invitation on hold as i'm not totally sure of which way things are heading.

the moderators team isn't intentionally being awkward with regards to the coordination team. we just don't know what the hell is going on. ideally we would still like the moderators team to be autonomous & independant. it has worked like it has for a long time now and the team did work well. well actually it would have worked even better if we were allowed to do what we wanted to do in regards to preventing and removing the flames & personal attacks etc.

personally, i can take all the crap that's threw at me in regards to people accusing me of censorship etc. censorship is debatable. but if we set rules that stipulate that no flaming or personal attacks or personal insults should be allowed on the forum, then I expect everyone on the XOOPS teams & administration to adhere to those rules and allow the moderators to remove those kinds of threads/topics/posts without being fought against everytime it is done so. it is not censorship, it isn't reducing your rights to free expression (those that think the right to speak freely is absolute & without morals or rules need to take a step back and look at their own lives and think what on this god forsaken planet is FREE & without rules) & it certainly isn't against the open source spirit to remove such posts without question. and i'm afraid that if the management & rest of the teams have different opinions in regards to that, then i can foresee future problems arising & nothing changing at all.

i would be happy to still moderate, but i would not be happy to moderate & take on all the other extra workloads that the coordination team would bring to the job. does 1 person have to take part in every area of the coordination teams workload? or can users request to take part in only certain areas of the coordination team.

if moderators can be autonomous and still be in the coordination team, then i would be happy to join.

davidl2
  • 2007/7/2 15:58

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Well said.

I have declined, as I know I'm not the most patient of people - and perhaps not the best person to deal with moderation.

web-M
  • 2007/7/2 19:16

• web-M

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/2 2

Well maybe the best way to moderate a site like XOOPS.org is indeed an autonomous and independant moderation team.
Such a team can moderate without the influence of any team or group.
They only have to look over that the etiquettes of XOOPS.org are respected in the fora and comments.

I also can imagine that this job is enough for people to manage.

BlueStocking

Edited by me, BS, for reason of I was wrong, and the post contained inappropiate language.
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

vaughan
  • 2007/7/2 20:54

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

would you prefer 'what the heck' instead?

what is the point of the '*'?

by having an asterisk it then leaves the word upto the imagination of the reader. i see nothing wrong with the expression i used though.

BlueStocking

EDIT: due to post #30 on another thread.
Profanity in any form is not acceptable, including workarounds.
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

Northern
  • 2007/7/3 6:02

• Northern

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/12/26

Quote:

BlueStocking wrote:
EDIT: due to post #30 on another thread.
Profanity in any form is not acceptable, including workarounds.

Thats why we have the smillies...
or the "imgsrc" to import a better, more pronounced emotion for that content. Resized Image
But hay, you didnt hear it from me , LOL Resized Image

As for the Coordination Team,
Im not sure about it, I know being a mod is a hard job and it takes time, then you have to deal with the personel flaming from your ever so happy person that had their post revoked...

And now these same poeple will have more on the plate thats already hot? That is a bit hard to handle.

put me down as pending.

sailjapan

Quote:

davidl2 wrote:
I have declined, as I know I'm not the most patient of people - and perhaps not the best person to deal with moderation.

Actually David, there's more of a need for fixers and coordinators than moderators here in the Community Coordination Team (I believe the Mods have their own team... somewhere... can't find it right now). I don't mean to say that moderators are not needed nor that they are unwelcome if they have the time and inclination to help. What I mean is, that our role here is to pursue issues until they reach a conclusion rather than maintain decorum and relevancy in the forums.
While we do have some moderator type rights, they are mainly for editorial purposes (moving posts etc.) rather than policing purposes.
If you'd like to get away from the policing and politics of XOOPS (as far as anyone involved with 47,000 other people can) and into the business of customer satisfaction and problem solving, the Community Coordination team may well suit you down to a T.

Just a thought.

Crip
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

sailjapan

Heads Up

There's a good point been brought up in the forums over on xoopsinfo.com

Quote:
For example - there are 80+ open bugs in the bug tracker and over 60 have not been assigned to a developer. That can be done in the next 72 hours - assign every bug to a developer to determine if they are still relevant and then assign a priority based on our current position.

I'll be approaching skenow shortly to see if he's taking it on or would like us to.
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

Login

Who's Online

207 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 207

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits