kurak_bu
Re: [XoopsTeam] progress - Communications Team - June 10th
  • 2007/6/10 14:19

• kurak_bu

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/9/5 1

I agree with web-M, we should leave old domains and designs on local support sites. Personally I like the domain xoops.pl and theme which made DefianceB0y.

In my opinion current support list is good (https://xoops.org/modules/xoopspartners/ ).
Keeping local sites good-looking and up to date is a problem of local admins, not XOOPS.org leaders

debianus
  • 2007/6/10 14:53

• debianus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/12/17

Perhaps you are in the right and the domains must not change. Ok.
But the current support list need the atention of xoops.org. Of course keeping local sites is a problem of local admins but xoops.org must pay some attention.

aph3x
  • 2007/6/10 15:00

• aph3x

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2004/12/26

@kurak_bu

Pleases me you guys liked the theme and I'm privileged to have one of my themes installed on an official support site such as XOOPS.pl.
Thank you
Everything I'm not made me everything I am
The Themes

Mamba
  • 2007/6/10 15:00

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:

But I think and I feel that the local supportsites are important sites that throug the years have build their one usergroup and have got their own identity. I think, from that perspective that it's not nessesary and maybe even not wanted that they have to give up there onw identity by giving up their URL and personal design. It's my personal opinion that this would be a great loss

Loss of what? If this is about:

- being part of XOOPS world family
- support for XOOPS

then what is wrong with having a consistent "look & feel" across all support domains?

Sure, almost every Webmaster wants to show off his/her skills and wants to make changes, but why not to use your own Website to show it off, but stick to a standard "look & feel" of the "official" local XOOPS support site?

We have to be more "customer driven" in our thinking. If a user who speaks 2-4 languages wants to switch from US site to German and then to French support site, why do we want him to spend several minutes before he figures out the local design and navigation, because everybody has something totally different?

Wouldn't it be easier for him if the sites would be consistent in their design?

There should be a difference between an "official" support site, and Joe's, Jean's, or Johann's personal XOOPS oriented Website.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

snow77
  • 2007/6/10 15:07

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

Quote:
There should be a difference between an "official" support site, and Joe's, Jean's, or Johann's personal XOOPS oriented Website.

When it is defined what makes a site considered to be "official", and why it should be like this and how it's planned to be succesfully achieved.

Then it would be easier to make the differentiation you mention.
www.polymorphee.com
www.xoopsdesign.com

BlueStocking

Mambo,
I absolutely agree, all official XOOPS sites should have a like continuity from an end user stand point of view. And the theme should be both IE6 and FireFox user friendly across all official sites.

End users such as myself are interested in getting to the information needed so we can get on with our lives. We have enough to worry about without the added question, "Is this official and why must I change browsers in order to get the information I need?"

Those of us, not "in the loop", need a representative.

In the END it is the END USER that will determine the fate of Xoops.

BlueStockings
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

phppp
  • 2007/6/10 15:29

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Please move "official sites" related discussions to Official Sites report

BlueStocking

Quote:

And the web name could be: xoops-es.org, xoops-it.org xoops-pt.org etc.

Absolutely, that is the first step in making the WHOLE XOOPS site multi-language. MediaWiki is setup to accommodate that naming convention. I love it.

BlueStockings
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

aph3x
  • 2007/6/10 15:31

• aph3x

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2004/12/26

Maybe a Quality Assurance team or Promotion team should be in charge of a matter such as this.

Among other things they should decide what sites are to be labeled as Certified XOOPS Support Sites, as XOOPS can't afford sending people the wrong way when it comes to support in other language than english, they should evaluate the area of help a site can provide for its XOOPS users and never the less the quality of the content the given site has.

XOOPS Support Site admins have paramount work to do but that doesn't mean certain areas must be overlooked.

Registering www.xoops.mycountry does not make me an official support site as i'm unable to give support due to my lack of knowledge in php.
Everything I'm not made me everything I am
The Themes

kurak_bu
  • 2007/6/10 15:45

• kurak_bu

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/9/5 1

what about subdomains like:
de.xoops.org
es.xoops.org
ru.xoops.org , like in wikipedia :)
It would be only redirections.
every xoops-xx.org domain costs, subdomain is free. IMHO existing domains like xoops.ru have to stay still alive and work as a (maybe) main adress.

Login

Who's Online

223 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 223

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits