growe
Strange Login Problem
  • 2006/12/15 13:44

• growe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/11/19

Sometimes when we try and login to the site we get the "Thank you for logging in" screen and then it loads a blank page. All users seem to have the same problem.

Nothing is changed on the system and we try again a few hours/days later and everything works fine.

After we have a day or two of no problems, the same cycle starts over.

PLEASE HELP !!!
Our users are very frustrated.

Thanks!!!

Glenn Rowe
EDGEonline.ca

rabideau
Re: Strange Login Problem
  • 2006/12/15 13:58

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

You might try turning on debug and checking out error messages. If you don't understand the error messages post them here.

Some obvious suggestions are... firewalls and cookies. Often they cause problems.

You might also let us know which version of XOOPS you're running and provide a log to demonstrate the problem.

Having visited the site, you have the site loaded in a subdirectory not in public_html often this causes problems on a redirect.
Pax vobiscum,
...mark

may the road rise to meet your feet!

http://treemagic.org

growe
Re: Strange Login Problem
  • 2006/12/15 15:04

• growe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/11/19

Thanks for the quick reply.

You'll have to excuse my lack of knowledge as I am a rather new XOOPS user.

Since I am currently not able to log in as anyone I am also unable to access the admin functions.

I went directly into the MySQL database and switched debug mode on and got this error...

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/edge/public_html/xoops/modules/m_online/blocks/conta_tempo.php on line 15

I guess there is something wrong with that module. I haven't made any modifications to it. I got the module athttp://www.xoops.net.br/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=6&lid=71&

I don't mind uninstalling it but how can I do that without being able to login?

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits