BDW
PD-Links wont categorise links
  • 2006/8/5 10:02

• BDW

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/28

Hi there, I've just installed PD-Links 1.0 and set up the categories but for some strange reason when i add a link to a category its doesnt go in. Instead it just adds the link to the front page of PD-Links.

Any ideas. Someone posted a comment about this in the Module Repository nearly a year ago and didnt get a reply. I think Module developers need to start coming back here and giving people support since module users are XOOPS users after all.

Bender
Re: PD-Links wont categorise links
  • 2006/8/5 10:28

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Check this out:

http://www.power-dreams.com/xoops/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=53
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

coopersita

I tried the link provided by bender, but it takes me to a German forum home page.

I don't speak German (although I can see some posts about this issue). Can anyone point to a solution in English ?

Thanks

mortuk
  • 2007/9/6 20:37

• mortuk

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/12/13

McDonald
  • 2007/9/6 21:17

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

Otherwise try WF-Links 1.03b or 1.03c, it's quite similar to PD-Links.

coopersita

Babelfish was kinda helpful, but those translation aren't very good. That post on the forum didn't help, but I found a link on the site to a revision of PD-Links. This other version fixed my problems:

PD-Links 1.0a

gordman
  • 2007/9/7 11:29

• gordman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/9/7 1

Quote:
Any ideas. Someone posted a comment about this in the Module Repository nearly a year ago and didnt get a reply. I think Module developers need to start coming back here and giving people support since module users are XOOPS users after all.

I guess you are right about that.

Anonymous
  • 2007/9/7 12:46

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
gordman wrote:

Quote:

I guess you are right about that.

I ain't so sure.......

Quote:
From the module repository homepage:

Please Note:
The module repository is currently closed for new module releases as a new system is coming soon. In the mean time please select modules from here carefully. We recomend you use the search function to find the latest release of a module, as they can all be found in the news section.

If the Repository is closed then developers can't go back to it with updates.

The fact that the repository has been closed for a while is a different but related issue.

coopersita

What I learned from this experience is that if you find a module you like in the repository, you should go to the developer's site and see if they have a newer version there.

How come the repository has been close for so long?

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits