aixenv
ERROR with smarty , newbb (cbb v2.32, xoops 2.2.4, extended profiles)
  • 2006/1/27 0:18

• aixenv

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/27

I am really hoping someone here has the magical fix for this, i have narrowed the problem down the the forums modules cbb/newbb v 2.3.2, if i have it activated when i try and click extended profiles (with phpdebug on) i get the following on a white/blank page

Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _Q4X_MOD_DESC - assumed '_Q4X_MOD_DESC' in file modules/quote4xoops/xoops_version.php line 4
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "db:system_block_online.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1084
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "db:system_block_online.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1084

when it tries to load

http://www.mydomain.com/modules/profile/userinfo.php?uid=1

i have verified this forums module is compatible with v2.2, atleast from what ppl say it is

i am at a loss and every other forums i've found is not compat with v2.2, again if i then deactivate the forums module the above page loads fine.

please help/advise, thank you in advance

aixenv

msdana
Re: ERROR with smarty , newbb (cbb v2.32, xoops 2.2.4, extended profiles)
  • 2006/1/27 1:04

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Hi,

I have had those Smarty errors before. Here's what I suggest:

Update the Extended Profiles module,
Update the System Module,
Then check to see if there are any templates that need to be generated (Admin > Misc Tools > Templates). Any numbers in red indicate a template needs to be generated.

As for the PHP Notice: it's only a notice that something has not been defined. When you turn off PHP Debug, it won't show.

Good luck!
Dana
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

aixenv
Re: ERROR with smarty , newbb (cbb v2.32, xoops 2.2.4, extended profiles)
  • 2006/1/27 1:14

• aixenv

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/27

thank you for the reply, i did exactly as you said, following the steps exactly as you stated, and updated extended, then system, then checked templates and there is no red, cleared my cache, cookies, history, closed browser and reopened and i get the same white page on extended, if i deactivate the new cbb 2.32 it works

Login

Who's Online

111 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 111

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits