MadCat
New users cant register
  • 2005/8/5 15:08

• MadCat

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/18

Heloo guys!!
I have one problem in my page! I have install the XOOPS 2.2 and i have done the update (hotfix). When one user try to register an account in my page apears a message that he haven't the right to do this! In the preference of system module i have allow to new users to register!
Thanks a lot for your help!!

Dave_L
Re: New users cant register
  • 2005/8/7 0:57

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

I was able to duplicate this.

If I remove access to the Extended Profiles module for the Anonymous Users group, then if a non-logged in user clicks the "Register now!" link in the Login block, he gets the error "Sorry, you don't have the permission to access this area."

I think this is a bug, and reported it on the tracker.

I'm not sure how easy it will be to fix. I don't fully understand the relationship of the profiles module and the XOOPS core.

JMorris
  • 2005/8/7 1:30

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Ditto. I have the same problem. If I allow access to Extended Profiles for anonymous, everyting is normal. If I deny access, they are redirected to the following URL:

http://mywebresource.com/user.php?xoops_redirect=%2Fmodules%2Fprofile%2Fregister.php

Just to confirm your findings.
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Dave_L
  • 2005/8/7 1:36

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Yes, the problem is that modules/profile/register.php is now used for registration, so a user without access to that module is blocked from accessing that script.

MadCat
  • 2005/8/8 14:15

• MadCat

• Just popping in

The register know works but in user registration mail the doesn sent the activation link! Only wreat "name of user has just registered" What can i do?

annie
  • 2005/8/8 14:30

• annie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/29

I tried allowing access to anoymous users

Admin .. modules .. extended profiles .. permissions set for anonymous .. but still not able to register

I tried admin ... preferences .. extended profiles .. general settings and Allow to view account for all groups .. but still not able to register

I've checked all blocks and all visible to anonymous

What I don't understand is that registrations were fine yesterday and now they aren't

please help

MadCat
  • 2005/8/8 17:02

• MadCat

• Just popping in

Annie i have done that you did ->modules-extended profiles- permissions set for anonymous ande the register works.
Go in url www.e-star.gr and try to register to see how the register look like. But doesnt send activation mail!! :(
Spo the problem still exist! :(
I have upload and the xoops2.21 but nothing :(

txoko
  • 2005/8/8 20:59

• txoko

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/8 2

I have the same problem whith XOOPS 2.2 and I don't know why.Besides emails I send to users never arrive. I have had this problem with XOOPS 2.0x, at the begining all go fine but one day a friend tried to register but the registration mail never arrived. May be server's fault?

txoko
  • 2005/8/8 21:08

• txoko

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/8 2

I have the same problem whith XOOPS 2.2 and I don't know why.Besides emails I send to users never arrive. I have had this problem with XOOPS 2.0x, at the begining all go fine but one day a friend tried to register but the registration mail never arrived. May be server's fault?

annie
  • 2005/8/8 22:30

• annie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/29

I FOUND THE PROBLEM

Go to admin, users, groups and click on anonymous users.

give them block access rights to 'members'

Login

Who's Online

229 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 229

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits