Mithrandir
Vacation time is jolly time

Take care everyone, I'm leaving - for a week's vacation far away (at least 2 miles) from any Internet connection.

During my holiday, I will prepare some stuff, so I can create the module packages, I've been talking about, shortly after I get home.

So have fun, don't break stuff and stay jolly while I'm gone.

/Mith
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

Herko
Re: Vacation time is jolly time
  • 2005/7/28 9:10

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

if anyone does, you deserve the break! Have fun, enjoy and take care

Herko

bluenova

Take care Mith and enjoy your hols, don't think to much!! It's relaxy time

Mithrandir

Back again - Anyone missed me? Do you have time to reload?
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

jdseymour

Welcome back Mith. I hope you had a great vacation. And of course you were missed.

Herko
  • 2005/8/5 18:21

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

damn, not enough time to raise my post count to somewhere *near* your level yet..

I hope you had a good time away from all of us, we missed ya

Herko

carnuke
  • 2005/8/5 18:33

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Now c'mon Mith ... 2 miles from a internet connection! I'm sure that sattilite link was hot. LOL

Good to see you back, no doubt your desk is piled up.
http://houseofstrauss.co.uk Resource for alternative health and holistic lifestyle
search xoops

Mithrandir

At least it was very restful.
On the second day of my vacation, I caught a throat infection and had excrutiating pains when swallowing, so I placed myself on the sofa with a blanket and a couple of crime novels and got a lot of rest.

I can safely say that I have not thought one minute about XOOPS from Friday to Wednesday. Quite relaxing

In fact, the only XOOPS-related thing, I have been working on in my vacation, is the roadmaps for XOOPS 2.2.x and XOOPS 2.4 which will be published as soon as I have discussed them with Herko and the peeps.

I'm back to some 450 emails (250 CVS log messages, 50 spam mails, 20-25 personal mails and the rest being sourceforge tracker item notifications) so it'll take a while until I'm back for full throttle.

While I was away, I did get to think about some things in relation to XOOPS. One thing is that I am disappointed with how XOOPS 2.2 turned out. There are far too many problems with upgrading and using it to my liking. However, when you add (so many) new features to a (mostly) working system, you are bound to experience problems.
I therefore comfort myself with the fact that XOOPS 2.0.13 is stable and functioning and that noone is forced to upgrade to XOOPS 2.2 just yet. Because of that, we will not rush to fixing the problems that you are experiencing. They will not be neglected, ignored or left out - but we'll take them one problem at a time and make a proper release sometime in the near future.

Another thing, I realised, is that I have been very grumpy lately. I am sorry for that, but don't feel that I have been given much reason not to be grumpy. However, that does not give me the right to come down on people as I have been in the recent past. In the future, if I can't stay civil, I will stay away from a thread - and you'll just have to live with it.
I will also formulate some requirements for submitting feature requests, so we can get the information we need and hopefully avoid the "oh yeah? You want that? Well, get off your behind and do it, you lazy son-of-a-hedgehog"-like outbursts that I have unfortunately made a habit out of bursting.

With clearer rules, I should think we will also get better feature requests, better priorities and better use of our time.

I have also been overburdening myself with implementing features and bugfixes, which I will step down from (down, not away - but I won't do it so much) so I can better support the new people, who want to contribute to the XOOPS core as well as maintain my responsibilities as module development team leader.

All in all, I will turn down my energy spent on XOOPS, but focus it better, so you will hopefully not feel the difference - apart from fewer grumpy and "look, I only have two hands"-like posts.

Cusix Software

Login

Who's Online

132 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 132

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits