LazyBadger
Re: Predator Joined Mambo!

Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:
Why is it that something has to be wrong when someone leaves?

GODDAM! Are YOU blind or crazy?! It's not single event, it's one more sign of tendencies! You want again see full list of retired well-known names for last year?!
And if they simply go to nowhere, due to own problem (time, money, offline life) - it's one problem. But when they move to development in another, competitor system, not absolutely different in ideology it means only one - XOOPS is seriously ill. something extremely bad happened with it and it continue to happen now!!! You prefer don't see it, don't think about it, but it happens anyway and your "ostrich policy" can lead only to even more worse and unhealthy results!!!
I monitor some other CMS, and some developes of these CMS also leave teams... But nobody of these programmers, nobody!!!, no one floated up in the projects analogous in the direction, the reputation, the weight.
You grok me?!

Mikhail
  • 2005/5/7 19:29

• Mikhail

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/1/19

things like mambo and zope/plone is sux supreme in my opinion. XOOPS rulez, is the best for me, better than any other. typo3 is rox too, but completely different of xoops....

Ronaldus
  • 2005/5/7 19:29

• Ronaldus

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/5/8 1

@Lazybadger:

So far for your diagnoses.
Now the cure?

m0nty
  • 2005/5/7 19:32

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

yes good luck predator :)

Quote:

And the XOOPS Brasil have 21.028 members now, 2005/05/07,
and need more integration with www.xoops.org (my opinion).

and this is what's going to happen.. mikhail you will hear soon if not before regarding a liason team if you have not already been informed. it's being discussed at this moment and an action plan is being put into place. you want interaction, ALL the XOOPS local support sites will sonn get interaction..

please don't reply here tho, i don't want to turn this topic into another discussion..

Ronaldus
  • 2005/5/7 19:36

• Ronaldus

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/5/8 1

Don't keep it too long out of the community or this WILL be a political issue like in the real world...

If everybody says things are bad, things are going to be bad.

DonXoop

Good luck to anyone that leaves for another project. And good luck to the people that came here from somewhere else. Such is life. Doesn't mean a thing except to the person that went elsewhere.

The sky isn't falling and there is no conspiracy. One person does not a project make (except for all the one person projects which XOOPS isn't).

Less politicing and theorizing, more coding.

Quote:
storm in a glass of water

I love it!

siweb
  • 2005/5/7 20:31

• siweb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/5/2 1

Catzwolf and Predator backstabbed me as a user, too. They never wrote, who stabbed them. They simply left without notice, without a single line of real explanation and now both of them talk about the lack of communication. Users of their modules depended on them, but, sorry, they left us alone. Fortunately, there are other members who are continuing their work.

I love the atmosphere after the storm. Everything is more relaxed, discharged and now I'm waiting for rainbow.

phppp
  • 2005/5/7 20:58

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

plz, neither Catzwolf nor Predator was WILLING to leave.
No matter what was behind, respect them.
Some unrespectful comments could also hurt some present developers, like me.

@alitan, I wish you had the choice to delete the topic.

Bender
  • 2005/5/7 21:03

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Quote:

siweb wrote:
Catzwolf and Predator backstabbed me as a user, too. They never wrote, who stabbed them. They simply left without notice, without a single line of real explanation and now both of them talk about the lack of communication. Users of their modules depended on them, but, sorry, they left us alone. Fortunately, there are other members who are continuing their work.

This one of the most crappy things i read in a long time ...
"they stabbed you in the back" ... yeah sure ...

True:
- they gave you and others something for free
- they spent their free time on it

False:
- they owe you any explanations
- they have to support their products for lifetime because they created them

Please start thinking before you type.
I don´t expect you to bow down for their work or the work of any other but you should show some respect for those who put their work into XOOPS as i guess you could expect it for stuff you do in the favor of XOOPS don´t you?

davidl2
  • 2005/5/7 21:12

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Agreed with both Bender & Php.

Catz & Predator did not have to work on XOOPS at all... but I'm glad they did while they felt it was appreciated.

Attitudes like the above wont exactly change their mind!

The only way to move is onwards and upwards... try and improve things here.. and who knows? Maybe some people will want to give us another try!

Login

Who's Online

154 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 154

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits