binolino
Beginner Questions *roll eye* (Images,Forum Group Permissions,German Translation)
  • 2005/4/27 10:05

• binolino

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/8

Hello out there,

unfortunatelly I have some problems with XOOPS 2.0.10 (of cause I'm an Xoops-Noob too )!

1. In the Control Panel -> System -> Images: What's that? I thought that is a kind of gallery, but I can't view it on my homepage! Can you please discripe how I can use Images as a gallery for my homepage or can you advice a good, easy to use gallery module?

2. Under System -> Groups I made my own UserGroups and mapped some testusers to them. I added 2 new forums (one private, one public) and for both I wanted to add my own User Groups... while adding the new forums I can select the preinstalled groups, but not my own ! You now that will be a page for World of Warcraft and I don't want the Horde to see what the Alliance plans ! For private forums I saw User permissions, but it's kind of much work to add each and every user .

3. The last question *puh* Is there now german translation for this great peace of code? If not, I will do that ;)

Thanks for your patience

Binolino

Shine
Re: Beginner Questions *roll eye* (Images,Forum Group Permissions,German Translation)
  • 2005/4/27 11:40

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

Actually,..there is a great active German XOOPS Support website.
Take a look within the: Local Support. Here you'll find the url to them.

www.myxoops.org

Grtz., Shine

binolino
Re: Beginner Questions *roll eye* (Images,Forum Group Permissions,German Translation)
  • 2005/4/27 13:13

• binolino

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/8

Thanks for this information, Shine. I will look for the german translation there!

But what about my other questions? Can't anybody help me?

Binolino

ackbarr

1. the Image Manager integrates in with the XOOPS Form editor. If you click on Resized Image you can browse the images in the manager. myAlbum-p is an image gallery that integrates itself into the image manager, allowing you to link directly to images that have been uploaded to the gallery module.

2. I would recommend checking out newbb2 or the newly released CBB. as both have much improved permissions abilities.

3. Shine already answered.

cecealias
  • 2005/4/27 18:39

• cecealias

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/13

ahh... ok finally XOOPS is fixed. - you can ignore this post - i am trying to test post on these forums for weeks now and finally get one.

Who is the system admin?

Login

Who's Online

159 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 159

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits