Draven
PHP Surveyor Ported to Xoops
  • 2004/12/5 0:48

• Draven

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/5/28

Hey guys, I subitted this to the module news, but I'll make a post about it since I'm not sure how long the news will take to be posted.

[quote]Hey folks, I've ported the most current version of PHP Surveyor to Xoops.

Quick blurb on PHPSurveyor
----------------------------
What is PHP Surveyor?

PHP Surveyor is a set of PHP scripts that interact with MySQL to develop surveys, publish surveys and collect responses to surveys. Once a survey has been created it can be published as an online survey (displayed as single questions, group by group or all in one page) or you can use a dataentry system for administration of paper-based versions of the survey. PHP Surveyor can produced 'branching' surveys (set conditions on whether individual questions will display), can vary the look and feel of your survey through a templating system, and can provide basic statistical analysis of your survey results.

PHP Surveyor includes the capacity to generate individualised 'tokens', so if you have a list of people you want to invite to participate in a survey you can issue each one with a token, and they will be able to access the survey using that token. This allows for quite good quality control of your surveys.
----------------------------

While this is a beta, it should be relatively stable.

Please download it and give it a try. Let me know if you find any bugs.

I'll be setting this up as a module project when I get a few minutes.

I've tried my best to limit the XOOPS code to an absolute minimum so updating it with future releases should be relatively simple. Due to this tough, you will need to use PHP Surveyors integrated template system for altering the actual forms. This shouldn't be a big deal as the templates are very simply HTML pages. You can use the integrated template system to make your changes. It will still appear within your XOOPS theme.

You can download the Beta version at:

http://gaining-mass.com/projects/Surveyx%200.5%20Beta.zip

Have fun!
quote]

jdseymour
Re: PHP Surveyor Ported to Xoops

Hi Draven,

The module installed without a hitch. I went through the documentation and set permissions as described. But when I try to go to the admin screen, it is blank.

I turned on PHP debug and got the following:

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'http://www.warpigw2.com/modules/surveyorx/xoops_inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jseymour/public_html/modules/surveyorx/admin/config.php on line 37
Warning [PHP]: main(../include/functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file modules/surveyorx/xoops_admin_header.php line 29
Warning [PHP]: main(): Failed opening '../include/functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in file modules/surveyorx/xoops_admin_header.php line 29
Warning [PHP]: main(../language/english/admin.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file modules/surveyorx/xoops_admin_header.php line 33
Warning [PHP]: main(): Failed opening '../language/english/admin.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in file modules/surveyorx/xoops_admin_header.php line 33
Warning [PHP]: main(): URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in file modules/surveyorx/admin/config.php line 37
Warning [PHP]: main(http://www.warpigw2.com/modules/surveyorx/xoops_inc.php): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in file modules/surveyorx/admin/config.php line 37

To long for me to sort through.

Anonymous
  • 2004/12/5 1:36

• Anonymous

• Since:

I also tried this module i`ve been waiting for but because of having no time to do it.

The file functions.php is missing and i guess the showadminmenu() is in this file, so there is no chance to do anything in the admin interface.

Quote:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: showadminmenu() in H:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\xoops2\modules\surveyorx\admin\admin.php on line 146
Warning [PHP]: main(../include/functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file H:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\xoops2\modules\surveyorx\xoops_admin_header.php line 29
Warning [PHP]: main(): Failed opening '../include/functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;h:\apachefriends\xampp\php\pear\') in file H:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\xoops2\modules\surveyorx\xoops_admin_header.php line 29
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant ADMIN_USER - assumed 'ADMIN_USER' in file H:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\xoops2\modules\surveyorx\admin\config.php line 64
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant ADMIN_PASS - assumed 'ADMIN_PASS' in file H:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\xoops2\modules\surveyorx\admin\config.php line 65
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant ADMIN_MAIL - assumed 'ADMIN_MAIL' in file H:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\xoops2\modules\surveyorx\admin\config.php line 66
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant ADMIN_NAME - assumed 'ADMIN_NAME' in file H:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\xoops2\modules\surveyorx\admin\config.php line 67
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant ADMIN_FAX - assumed 'ADMIN_FAX' in file H:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\xoops2\modules\surveyorx\admin\config.php line 68
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: htmlheader in file H:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\xoops2\modules\surveyorx\admin\admin.php line 50

jmass
  • 2004/12/5 1:47

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/18

I am in the same boat as Predator. No admin / Blank front side.

I did check out the stand alone product. This is sooooo needed. I know Mith is working on something similar, but choice is always good. Besides, my mother said something about a bird in the hand....

Please post when this has been worked out. If I can be of ANY help, e-mail me.

Thanks,

jegelstaff

I will definitely be checking this out. Surveys are a special breed of data entry form, and it can never hurt to have a dedicated solution for that need, even if "ad hoc" forms are handled elsewhere (our Formulize module, soon to be released).

I particularly like the sound of accomodating data entry from paper based surveys, and the flexibile templating system, both big requirements for large survey projects we've done before.

--Julian

Draven
  • 2004/12/5 4:53

• Draven

• Module Developer

Hey guys,

Not sure about the error, I'll have a look.

As for the admin menu... there's no sub menu for it yet. Just click the module icon (the menu items are within the module admin pages.

I'll have a look at the includes... looks like I just have a path wrong. Should be easy to correct. I'm not at home at the moment so I'll fix it tomorrow. I have it working fine on my local system.

Draven
  • 2004/12/5 15:14

• Draven

• Module Developer

Ok, think I found the problem. Try downloading it again from the above link.

irmtfan
  • 2004/12/5 18:07

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

thanks a lot for this module.great proting.
i have problems with this module in use.
finally i install a survey but in the main page i get this error:
Quote:

ERROR
You have not provided a survey identification number.

Please contact ADMIN_NAME at ADMIN_MAIL for further assistance.

is there a document for this?
thanks for your attentions

Draven
  • 2004/12/5 18:48

• Draven

• Module Developer

Quote:

irmtfan wrote:
thanks a lot for this module.great proting.
i have problems with this module in use.
finally i install a survey but in the main page i get this error:
Quote:

ERROR
You have not provided a survey identification number.

Please contact ADMIN_NAME at ADMIN_MAIL for further assistance.

is there a document for this?
thanks for your attentions

This is not an error, but rather the way the original script works. This script/module is meant to be linked to, not directly accessed. What this means is that there is no central "index" listing page of any kind, but rather you use the link for your survey to access the survey's themselves.

Again, this is just a very basic port of the oringal script, I've not added any "enhancements" to it as of yet.

One f the things I plan to do is create some blocks and possibly a custom index page. But for now you must provide the link in some other form of document (news posting, forum, article etc) which provides the proper ID for the survey you want to link to. This can be found under the survey's main index in the admin panel and should look something likehttp://localhost/dev/modules/surveyorx/index.php?sid=1.

Hope that helps!

irmtfan
  • 2004/12/5 18:59

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

thanks for your description. finally i do it
no problem with custom link for survey but if you can generate some blocks it gets better.
big problem is layout that not compatible with theme:
i see this in the survey:
{SAVE}

and get this error at the end of survay when must click on submit:
Fatal errorCall to a member function on a non-object in /home/.../public_html/test/footer.php

Notice 
[PHP]: Use of undefined constant ADMIN_USER assumed 'ADMIN_USER' in file modules/surveyorx/admin/config.php line 64
Notice 
[PHP]: Use of undefined constant ADMIN_PASS assumed 'ADMIN_PASS' in file modules/surveyorx/admin/config.php line 65
Notice 
[PHP]: Use of undefined constant ADMIN_MAIL assumed 'ADMIN_MAIL' in file modules/surveyorx/admin/config.php line 66
Notice 
[PHP]: Use of undefined constant ADMIN_NAME assumed 'ADMIN_NAME' in file modules/surveyorx/admin/config.php line 67
Notice 
[PHP]: Use of undefined constant ADMIN_FAX assumed 'ADMIN_FAX' in file modules/surveyorx/admin/config.php line 68
Notice 
[PHP]: Undefined offset1 in file modules/surveyorx/admin/common.php line 83
Notice 
[PHP]: Undefined offset1 in file modules/surveyorx/admin/common.php line 89

Login

Who's Online

144 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 144

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits