whitedragon
Theme problem in Fire Fox browser

Why is this happening in some themes?? I have installed the ps2_wide theme from this site but when I go to my site with Fire Fox browser, and my default theme is ps2_wide, the left Column is always too big in width. Because of that, my site looks like it's broken in parts and you need to move the site left-right because everything is messy. How to fix this?

tjnemez
Re: Theme problem in Fire Fox browser
  • 2004/10/26 15:01

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

you ought to take this up with the theme designer.

whitedragon
Re: Theme problem in Fire Fox browser

Quote:

tjnemez wrote:
you ought to take this up with the theme designer.

I know, but this isn't happening only in this theme. Almost all themes have the same problem.

Stewdio
Re:Theme problem in Fire Fox browser
  • 2004/10/26 15:24

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

It's possible the themes your using are not optimised for use with firfox, or are using depreciated values in the .css

Check the theme folders and make sure you have styleNN.css for firefox/mozilla type browsers. If your theme contains only one stylesheet (style.css) then it's possible it may not render properly in browsers other then IE. A fully compliant and valid .css sheet will render in all browsers, so some themes will only carry one .css file.

You can also get the WebDeveloper Extention for Firefox, which will allow you to view every element of a rendered page in Firefox, including ID and Class details used in a sites stylesheet. This is a great way for troublshooting problematic themes. Once you know the Class and ID of an element on a page, you can then edit your .css to fix it.

Hope this helps some.

Login

Who's Online

238 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 238

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits