Speed
Install php_curl.dll on Windows XP?
  • 2004/9/12 16:04

• Speed

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

At least two modules now use this extension -- freecontent and digest.

I've googled the web, searched the XOOPS forums, checked, double-checked and quadruple checked path settings, made sure dll's are in the system32 directory, made sure the php.ini has the extension directory set and the extention unremarked.

However, I always get the "unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library" dialogue box on reboot.

This is driving me crazy. It can't be that difficult, can it? Could someone please give a step-by-step install or at least some hints as to how they got this to work?

Speed
Re: Install php_curl.dll on Windows XP?
  • 2004/9/13 16:35

• Speed

• Quite a regular

*bump*

Speed
  • 2004/9/16 13:31

• Speed

• Quite a regular

*last bump*

DonXoop

I can't give you step by step for doing this on Windoze (I don't do windows) but I can tell you how to check if it is actually loaded.

Create a PHP file anywhere on the server and call it directly. Put one line in it like:

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Call it anything.php. You will see a lot about the server and any extensions loaded. You should see curl if it is there.

One idea is to look in the php.ini file (make sure it is the one being loaded, the above test will show where it is). There is a section on loadable extentions, my guess is that this isn't configured right.

shamu
  • 2004/9/30 8:39

• shamu

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/28

Hi,

If you still have this problem, then follow these instructions.

Download the copy of the win32 PHP (not the installer one) from php.net (whichever php version that you want running on your webserver). Then from dll folder, copy these two files: libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll to your Windows/System32 (whichever Windows you have).

And then from the extensions folder: get your php_curl.dll and place it under your PHP/extensions folder.

Change your php.ini where it specifies the extension folder for example:
extension_dir = "./extensions/"

And uncomment your extension to php_curl.dll for example:
extension=php_curl.dll

Thanks. Hope it works for you.

Shamu
Our Friendly Community Online

Speed
  • 2004/10/4 15:11

• Speed

• Quite a regular

Thank you so very much. I'll try that this week when I do the NewBB2 upgrade on my site. Much appreciated!

ackbarr

taken from PHP.net's docs on CURL:

Quote:

Note to Win32 Users: In order to enable this module on a Windows environment, you must copy libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll from the DLL folder of the PHP/Win32 binary package to the SYSTEM folder of your Windows machine. (Ex: C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32 or C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM)

If you have already done this, I found this post describing how one user got it to work:

http://www.tonyspencer.com/journal/00000037.htm

Login

Who's Online

287 user(s) are online (189 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 287

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits