bluenova
Re: XcGallery locked me out

@mikhail: No Problem

I also use this gallery on a website, and remember seeing the admin/user option, and remember it disappering, It's quite strange but it never bothered me, as I found it strange anyway, even in the full version of coppermine, I couldn't understand why they bothered to have such a feature. Why would an admin want to hide the admin features?

wonder
  • 2005/6/22 15:05

• wonder

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/5/22

I think the "Admin/ User mode" is a very useful tool, if you want to try what normal users have access to, or if they have problems uploading. Since that tool doesn't appear anymore in my website, I had to create a normal user to make this kind of experiences.

I think that Admin / User mode is a type of "shareware"... lol...

bluenova

but it doesn't really change anything? all it does is hide the extra buttons you get as an admin such as delete, properties, edit pics, create/order my albums and Modify my albums, uploading pictures is the same on the userside, regardless of which mode you are in.

Mikhail
  • 2005/6/22 15:23

• Mikhail

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/1/19

well... I dont know, I dont rebember 100%, but I solve my problem creating some directories and subdirectories... ops: im not sure, but I think that xcgal cannot create subdirs.

I need to speak some words in portuguese: [pt]to cansado demais, e como o inglês não é a minha lingua nativa, fica ainda mais difícil elaborar as frases.

Agora postarei uma lista de módulos que estarão presentes na próxima distribuição do XOOPS Brasil. Por favor, deem uma olhada. Há muito lixo, mas também muita coisa difícil de ser achada.[/pt]

[]s!

mikhail

wonder
  • 2005/6/22 15:43

• wonder

• Not too shy to talk

Onde e' que encontro os modulos?

Mikhail
  • 2005/6/22 16:28

• Mikhail

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/1/19

Quote:

wonder wrote:
Onde e' que encontro os modulos?

[edited]
m0nty, im deleting. But please, understand that 2 sites with the same name... you know. Someone need to explain that one is FAKE. Or without criativity.
[/edited]

m0nty
  • 2005/6/22 18:32

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

the admin/user switch is as you mention.. all it does is to show the admin exactly what the screen looks like for normal users.. that's all it is intended to do by design.. it doesn't affect uploading.. it's purely for looks..

ie because u can enable/disable features for users such as menu items etc and other options.. so the user switch just gives you the exact same screen as what a non admin would see that's all..

@mikhail,

please, please STOP this. including portueguese or english..

xoops.org does NOT consider those sites to be clones at all. there are many support sites on the web all having the same name (different domain tho). if you wanted to use www.xoops.net.br or .com whatever, then you should have registered it before they did. instead of registering under a different name.. and please don't quote the yahoo group because in my opinion that's totally irrelevant..

we will NOT tolerate any slandering of other sites.. now do as requested and keep things in PM or via email. & just be happy will you. let by gones be gy gones, forget the past and move on..

Herko
  • 2005/6/22 20:09

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

@mikhail: you just don't learn, do you? Just when you were on track with getting back in our more positive graces, you try and pull a stunt like this! I'm feeling tempted to promote the XOOPSbr.org website myself now! Just to show you that we are not amused by your actions.

I'm *very* close to deleting your account now here at xoops.org, and you make your chances of becoming a certified XOOPS supporter VERY small now.

Herko

wonder
  • 2005/6/23 11:58

• wonder

• Not too shy to talk

I discovered the problem (that isn't a problem). To fix it you only need to set permissions and allow Admins create Private Albums.

Login

Who's Online

105 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 105

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits