selwyn
Memebers can't login
  • 2004/1/20 13:00

• selwyn

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/18

Hello, read some posts, but the ansers aren;'t clear to me.

Some of my members can't login, i am susing an NL domain, but refer to an webhosting account. Wat do i have to change, because my guests leave the site alone when they can't login.

What can i do to solve te problem???

Many thanks

CBlue
Re: Memebers can't login

Were they able to log in before? Did you do anything with your site right before this problem occured? Have you turned on the php debug in your general settings in your system admin preferences area and then went to the front page and log in page to see if there are any errors or warnings showing up?

More details are needed in order to help you with this problem, selwyn.

selwyn
  • 2004/1/20 14:45

• selwyn

• Just popping in

did'nt change anything, some people can login, but other people have som problems logging in.

I have used debug but it has nu result.

MAybe it's my domain?

Visitors log in using www.halonline.nl
but the official url is: justfriendsmedia.zenid.net/halcms

Is this the problem ?

Mithrandir

could very well be.

If the cookie is set by a server with one url, but retrieved by the server with another one, it will fail.

selwyn
  • 2004/1/20 14:51

• selwyn

• Just popping in

ehm, that means?

and what can i do to fix this problem?

Mithrandir

Only use an URL forward and not URL masking (i.e. visitors type one URL, which is then forwarded to another URL - the real one - which is then displayed in the address field)

selwyn
  • 2004/1/20 15:12

• selwyn

• Just popping in

i'm sorry i don't understand, what do i have to change? wcich setting? hiope you will not lose patience and you will help me ;-0

DonXoop

It sounds like you're using a web forwarding service in the DNS? If that is true what it should do is to point to the actual URL as configured in XOOPS and not be "Stealth" as some services call it as an option.

You'll get to the site fine with stealth but once redirected by the login you'll be at a different URL (the real one) and there you have trouble logging in. Bottom line is that what is shown in the address bar should be what you have in mainfile.php.

BTW, do they still do the big ice skating on the canals in Holland? I think Ottawa Canada has taken the crown for the longest groomed canal rink in the world. Beautiful.

selwyn
  • 2004/1/20 15:40

• selwyn

• Just popping in

changed virtual path to www.halonline.nl, but now my layout is corrupt....!

So do i have to do some other things?

DonXoop

It looks o.k. to me, not sure what it was before (Maybe there is a lag with DNS). It appears that your mainfile.php still has www.justfriendsmedia.zenid.net/halcms/ ? That is what shows up in the links although www.halonline.nl/ remains in the address bar. If I pull up a link in a new window I get the justfriends URL.

If you want to show halonline.nl then you need to put that in the mainfile.php file. Then make sure you don't have any harcoded links in the theme, use <{$xoops_url}> which will follow your mainfile.php settings.

And, your local DNS needs to be correct. Is the server behind a firewall or something that would show different for you than other users?

Login

Who's Online

161 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 161

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits