phanguye
E-Xoops to Xoops converter [10$ reward]
  • 2004/1/19 11:18

• phanguye

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/19

E-Xoops to XOOPS converter [10$ reward]

Greetings XOOPS community. I know this has been my first time as an active member here but I have been a loyal visitors for many months.

I come to you today in a plead of help. Please take a second to help a tired man.

My story, It all started out with exoops! I run a rather large site consisting of 5k users and 24k worth of bb topics on the newest release of E-Xoops rev3. Over the past 2 months I've noticed as the site in question continues to grow E-Xoops gradually gets slower and slower to the point 100+ SQL queues are made each load causing 11 second load times. Also because of this amazing amount of load placed on the server's SQL database E-Xoops also puts a strain on all the other sites running on a shared host I rent.

Due to the numerous factors that convinced me to believe E-Xoops is the cause of the extreme long load times and SQL queues I deiced to convert to XOOPS 2.0.5.2 in hopes that XOOPS will be able to handle large communities (As I see it does here).

This is were I need your help, I've tried and tried to convert my 12meg SQL dump from E-Xoops to Xoops, but I've failed each time. I do not wish to lose months worth of registration and forum topics so I need to find a way to convert (seeing exoops is forked from XOOPS 1).

If any user would be willing to assist me in making a script or any method to convert at least the basics of my E-Xoops SQL (Users, News, and bb required) I will be willing to pay at least 10$ U.S.D (direct PayPal) to this person in mind.

... Here is the kicker, I am not greedy, nor unmotivated. I've searched and searched both this forum, exoops forum, and google for the answer, but no one has provide any help.

I do not plan to keep this converter to myself, but I will pay for it. Once conversion is completed I will provide as much information as I can to help future visitors stuck in the same situation.

Thank you for reading my request for support, and if you would be interested please contact me A.S.A.P.

E-Mail me at Czar@ih4x.com and please provide a phone number (U.S only) and I will call you if necessary. If you prefer to remain anonymous e-mail me anyways.

Herko
Re: E-Xoops to Xoops converter [10$ reward]
  • 2004/1/19 12:35

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Since I'm no MySQL guru, nor an e-Xoops fan, I'm not sure I'm up for this job, but I will give you some tips:

If I were you, I'd try to convert your eXoops site to XOOPS 1.3.10 first, because the changes between eXoops and that are not that big (as eXoops is based off XOOPS 1.3). Then, using the built-in converter in the XOOPS2 installer script, convert the 1.3.10 site to XOOPS 2.0.5.2. That would be an iesier road to travel then eXOOPS to XOOPS 2.0.x, IMO.

Just my 2 cents

Herko

phanguye
  • 2004/1/19 19:26

• phanguye

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/19

Quote:
Herko Coomans wrote:

Just my 2 cents

Thank you for the suggestion Herko, that was an idea I have not thought of yet.

Would you suggest I should try to go from e-xoops to XOOPS 1.0 RC3.0.5 or XOOPS 1.3.x

Herko
  • 2004/1/19 19:58

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

1.3.x, as the built-in converter can handle that, not sure about the RC's.

Herko

Login

Who's Online

274 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 274

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits