LazyBadger
Re: Xoops 2.0.13.2 hack to add centre blocks above and below content block.

Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:
You're only right when dealing with multiple instances of the same block. Any other block instance you can design and layout perfectly fine using only the template system.

Hmmm... show me code?!
"In Code we trust"... I want
1. Create theme for XOOPS 2.0 (single instance of block, true)
2. All users, using this theme, will get "DesignA" for all blocks
3. 4-rd block of center-left column have "DesignB"
4. Block Alpha of module Bravo must have ""DesignC" (if cond.3 for this block !true)
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Modules Proving Ground
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

LazyBadger

Quote:

alitan wrote:
As for LazyBadger's smarty codes, I think they are very useful, but if you want to define for each block what should it look like in theme.html, firstly, it is very difficult, secondly, you may not get what you want at the end due to block height stuff, and lastly, it takes a lot of time, and for every block you add you have to change your theme.

If every design separated into separate file (and theme properly coded), all CSS integrated into one CSS, you have only
- draw and write new styling for block
- change blocks suffixes
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Modules Proving Ground
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

alitan
  • 2005/11/12 19:30

• alitan

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/3/14

But still be have another problem, how can be disable block_title?
If you use the templating system however, you can really do anything you want!
My Persian Xoops Project:
http://www.MPXP.org

alitan
  • 2005/11/12 19:34

• alitan

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/3/14

I've got an Idea!
How about froget about these stuff and only allow users to use templating system/ They will then will be able to call for different tempalte sets in themes by using LazyBadgers smarty codes and each theme will use a different tempalte system.
My Persian Xoops Project:
http://www.MPXP.org

Herko
  • 2005/11/13 0:19

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Quote:

LazyBadger wrote:
Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:
You're only right when dealing with multiple instances of the same block. Any other block instance you can design and layout perfectly fine using only the template system.

Hmmm... show me code?!
"In Code we trust"... I want
1. Create theme for XOOPS 2.0 (single instance of block, true)
2. All users, using this theme, will get "DesignA" for all blocks
3. 4-rd block of center-left column have "DesignB"
4. Block Alpha of module Bravo must have ""DesignC" (if cond.3 for this block !true)

Yes, this can be done, because the designA design is what you set as default classes in your stylesheet. Just like it is now, really.
The 4th block if center-left isn't just any block, it's a specific block. You can edit the template of that block, using designB style classes (or IDs if you need to), and give it a unique look in your stylesheet. Nothing too difficult I imagine.
The Alpha block of the Beta module is another specific block with a temmplate. If the module is coded right, it will allow for conditions in the smarty template based on specific variables. It happens all the time, so that's not hard to do either. Here too, all you have to do is assign specific designC classes and/or ID's and define them in your stylesheet.

As you well know, I'm no coder but I can design sites like this. A good example is Draven's fantasyfootball.com/fantasybaseball.com etc. sites.

Herko

jensclas

Warning - newbie to coding in the neighbourhood! I would love to try this hack - can anyone guide me in installaion? The file is unclear to the untrained in installing hacks or editing files with hacks.

The reward - i will write intsallation notes for newbies.

TIA
Jenny

m0nty
  • 2006/1/30 18:55

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

actually this topic has progressed nicely :)

i was thinking the other day of how i could have a selector in the moduleconfig files that would allow webmasters to be able to select from a choice of templates for their module.. and possibly allow users to choose too.. or even choose different template sets per category like say in news module topics on the fly.. maybe this could be worked further..

stefan88
  • 2006/1/30 19:15

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi jensclas,

First you need to download patched files from first page of this topic (http://panthersoftware.com/uploads/xoops2.0.13.2.multiblock.zip)
In the zip file, you will find two zip file - one is a variant of default XOOPS theme, modified to work with this hack, and the other contains the patched files for xoops. There is small problem - the name of one directory is not corect, so you need to fix it for yourself. Unzip the file and rename "html\modules\system\admin\blockadmin" to "html\modules\system\admin\blocksadmin"

Make a backup of your XOOPS instalation!(or try it first on non production site)

Upload the content of html folder to your sites root folder.
Unzip and upload theme "blocks" (from second zip file) and make it selectable or default theme from admin.

jensclas

stefan88 Thanks so much - that makes sense. As a newbie cruising through al the posts on this thread it was easy to feel overwhelmed!
Have unzipped and found the file to remane. Will play upload after work tonight.

Monty wrote
Quote:
i was thinking the other day of how i could have a selector in the moduleconfig files that would allow webmasters to be able to select from a choice of templates for their module.. and possibly allow users to choose too.. or even choose different template sets per category like say in news module topics on the fly.. maybe this could be worked further..

You are an ideas man aren't you!

m0nty
  • 2006/1/30 20:09

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

of course sometimes i think too much tho and am unable to do it myself.. but non the less some of the ideas are great..

Login

Who's Online

158 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 158

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits