• Since: 2004/10/8

Quote:

I didn't find any credits
what about a readme file if
you're releasing others work
it sounds fair to give credits
where credits are due.
Don't you think so?

if you look at changelog you will see that all the changes that had not been made by us are with the had credits. And if you will be deeper still, tries to give one looked at the .php files and will see that everything is commented and with the had credits also.

Quote:

Damaster wrote:
Some things never change!

Really, certain things never change. For example, I use and participate of on communities to XOOPS since the beginning of 2004 and since then, never see a contribution or one act of good faith come of you.

Everything what I see is you posting enormous message to speak bad or to harm of some form the good course of the things.

Therefore, I think that we must continue of the skill that is, I here of my side quiet making my work and you of its confusing the things.

Regards.

damaster
Re: Testing Xoops Total 2.0.18 Package.
  • 2007/10/11 13:15

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

Quote:

script_fu wrote:
Warning this is not an offical release
Do not upgrade to this version it is a standalone test package from XOOPS Brasil.

As it looks like a Fork and to avoid confusion,
instead 2.0.18 why don't you give it another name
alike: Xoomla
I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

damaster
  • 2007/10/11 12:49

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

Some things never change!

I didn't find any credits
what about a readme file if
you're releasing others work
it sounds fair to give credits
where credits are due.
Don't you think so?

I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

nachenko
  • 2007/10/11 11:39

• nachenko

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/1/18

Ok, i'm finishing a site using 2.0.16 EXM, and I'm very happy with the results. I even made some icons for modules, but they are not as good as the ones made by EXM authors.

When I end it, I'll test your version.

I found another bug regarding blocks, top page and News module. I'll notify it in the Sourceforge bugtracker. Please have a look.

nachenko
  • 2007/10/11 10:51

• nachenko

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/1/18

Oooh... a EXM edition based version... great news... EXM admin interface should be the official one.

As this is a version developed by non-english people, please check this bug:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1799931&group_id=41586&atid=430840

Check also the comments on this bug.

script_fu

Blocks Positions Administration

No Icon???

Click Here

Very nice I didn't even see this last night. I had to go look this morning to see where you were talking about. The features look very powerful but I do not have the time to test them yet.

What I will say is the link should be a stand alone icon in the horizontal menu. Just like all the rest of areas. I think that is the only one that does not have an icon of its own.

It's probably one of the most important features in the package. It should also be in the system vertical drop down as well.

Catzwolf
  • 2007/10/11 10:29

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Giba, My friend.

I wish you all the success with your version of xoops. I downloaded it last night and had a little play with it and many new additions that would be worthy of the core.

Eu desejo-lhe todo o sucesso com sua versão dos xoops. Eu downloaded a última noite e tive pouco jogo com ele e muitas adições novas que seriam dignos do núcleo.

ATB

Catz

BlueStocking

@script_fu,

http://xoops-end-user.com/xtxmv7k/

<hr>
<
p align="right"><a href="http://xoops-end-user.com/xtxmv7k/modules/system/admin.php?fct=blocksadmin&amp;op=edit&amp;bid=15" target="_blank">Edit
Block
</a></p>

I apply the edit code up front like this with the html code addressing the correct block id. When you hover over the edit button you see the block number you will need.

BS
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

script_fu

I have lots more for your team. I just need a little more time. Maybe others will chime in with their opinions and ideas. This will make the official packages much better down the road.

I am sure at least one of the devs has kept a very long list of all the tweaks posted in these forums. Better yet can the community post their favorite tweaks?

-----
Anyway

In reference to the edit mode of dotnetnuke. In reality this all happens on the frontend of DNN. You click edit and the block becomes writable on the frontend. You never even half to touch the backend.

This would be the best approach. Can it be done with xoops?

-----

Now back to what we already have and know that works.

When in edit mode you could have two buttons to save changes. One beside the other. One would return you to the frontend or the other to blocks admin.

Lets speed up the process of being an admin!

-----

BTW Looks like your admin panel should be in one of the official XOOPS releases soon.

Sourceforge

Congratulations are in order! Thanks for all the hard work!

rplima2004
  • 2007/10/11 1:28

• rplima2004

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/8

Quote:

script_fu wrote:
You still cannot do easy stuff from the (frontend) like edit blocks?

Example:http://www.xgarage.org/edit_blocks.zip

Then once in the block edit mode (backend) you edit what you need hit save and it returns you to the (frontend). Just like dotnetnuke...

This would save a huge amount of time alone.

Excellent suggestion script_fu!

It facilitates very much the life of the administrator and is really simple to implement.

I Already wrote down in mine wish list

Quote:

How do we use these?
public_html/jseffects
public_html/common/jscalendar

The public_html/jseffects have functions used in zetagenesis theme including the png bahavior support to ie.
The other folder i realy don't remember now, but i will see and later answer here.

Quote:

Can anyone else confirm features that have
changed for the better as opposed to xoops?

Now of head what I remember it is:

Block Positions Admin - You can create new areas/sides toshow blocks in theme. See img here

Password Security Level in Register - You can define the minimum level of security of the used passwords at the moment to register a new user see img here another img here

Google Meta Tag - Field to put the code generated by google to confirme the ownership of the site. see img here

Google Analytics - Field to put the script informed by Google Analytics for your site. see img here

multilogin prohibition - With this option enabled, if a user is already logged in at the site he won't be able to log in twice until the current login is finished. This is useful to prevent that someone conects himself/herself at the site with the same username. see img here

Protect Emails against SPAM - Convert all email in the content of the site to an image to prevent spam. see img here another img here

Login

Who's Online

247 user(s) are online (165 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 247

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits