Garrath
Re: Moving to Php5 definitively
  • 2007/7/12 9:03

• Garrath

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/6/11

Quote:

MadFish wrote:
xoops.org is an ancient and heavily patched site. Some of modules are also older ones (eg. newbb) and some are customised. So, moving the site to php5 might not be straightforward / need a clean start.

And then?

I don't say to recode XOOPS and xoops.org now, i just say to put the site on php5 server, and test it. I think you can have a good surprise then, because there is a great compatibility from php4 to php5.

After yes... we need to recode XOOPS core to php5 and use new object feature to make XOOPS go ahead and go to live.

MadFish
  • 2007/7/12 6:36

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Hi Herve

I really don't know who is in charge of xoops.org, or who (if anyone) is working on it at the moment.

[Edit: Does anyone know the answer? Could the community team maybe investigate and publish a list of who-is-managing-what? Perhaps, we will discover there is noone at all!].

hervet
  • 2007/7/12 6:32

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Quote:

JulioNC wrote:
The foundation has the budget?

Have you see the link on your left "Add your link here?"
Click on it and read how much it cost to be there and try to remember since when this Ads are here

JulioNC
  • 2007/7/12 6:26

• JulioNC

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/8

About php version it's a problem, because As devil thinks to hosted docs.xoops.org and dev.xoops.org.
Can you see this message of JMorris?
[xoops-project] Who Needs What?

Questions:
We needed a new server/VPS?
The foundation has the budget?

hervet
  • 2007/7/12 6:22

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

MadFish wrote:
xoops.org is an ancient and heavily patched site. Some of modules are also older ones (eg. newbb) and some are customised. So, moving the site to php5 might not be straightforward / need a clean start.

A new team = a new site ?

MadFish
  • 2007/7/12 6:13

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Garrath
  • 2007/7/12 5:49

• Garrath

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/6/11

Quote:

davidl2 wrote:
Well this current site isn't compatible with Php5 - which is one of the reasons it cannot be moved onto the new servers yet, and one of the reasons why the site development needs to be sorted....

euh what do you mean whith this 'this current site isn't compatible with Php5'?
Do you mean that this code doesn't work with PHP5? or Do you mean that you cannot have php5 on the machine?

If the first one, i think you don't have test it, because there is not great incompatibility with php4 and php5, if you have any bug, you can correct easily.
I repeat, I don't make any correction on all modules I'm using for php5... and i think i'm using a lot of modules on the site.

hervet
  • 2007/7/12 5:32

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

davidl2 wrote:
Well this current site isn't compatible with Php5 - which is one of the reasons it cannot be moved onto the new servers yet, and one of the reasons why the site development needs to be sorted....

Woh !
Xoops.org is the last to show the example ...
I understand why I don't have an official answer

Ps : Why this signature ?
Quote:

MODERATOR - PLEASE DELETE MY POSTS! THANK YOU!

BlueStocking
[Off Topic]

@Davidl2,
This is what we have...

The site is being moved, not in one big chunk but by way of evolution.

One user at a time, lets make sure they end up on XOOPS real-estate that does not have an expiration date in the near future.
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

davidl2
  • 2007/7/11 20:15

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Login

Who's Online

238 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 238

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits