irmtfan
Re: Community Coordination Team
  • 2007/7/2 1:26

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

Community co-ordination team need some more work to be finalize and announce as a team by project Council.

more team members:
kc0maz, could you contact some others and invite them to join this team? i think about 2 other members for this team.
first you can contact to old moderators (except me).let me suggest some names:

Bender -https://xoops.org/userinfo.php?uid=7521
vaughan -https://xoops.org/userinfo.php?uid=42072
Northern -https://xoops.org/userinfo.php?uid=28579
script_fu -https://xoops.org/userinfo.php?uid=5721

also this team should write and modify some rules like etiquette and Term of Use.

sailjapan

Hello irmtfan.

Some more members would be good indeed.

Our 'etiquette' or Team Guidlines can be found here

Currently we are contacting the other teams here at XOOPS to work out guidelines and formats for the handling of questions and requests.

You can see an example of this here where our guidelines for questions/requests to the Core Dev team have been laid out. Admittedly, this post was for the coordination team, a more end-user friendly version will be compiled shortly.

Similar sets of guidelines will be made available once discussions with the other teams have been completed.

As always, we're happy to hear from anyone who feels they have some input on how we go about simplifying the submission of requests.

Crip
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

script_fu

Hi kc0maz / Mike,

Thanks for all the hard work you have been doing for the XOOPS project! Also thanks to irmtfan and all the others here as well.

I do have the time for a team position. I want to see all the best for xoops.

However where my problem lies is in the split of our community. I just can not support the fracture of the xoops.org domain. Of course none of the domain issues have been finalized yet. Due to recent changes thank god!

I need to wait and see because there are still a lot things that have not had closure yet.

With Respect
Billy

kc0maz
  • 2007/7/2 4:09

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/18

Quote:

script_fu wrote:

However where my problem lies is in the split of our community. I just can not support the fracture of the xoops.org domain. Of course none of the domain issues have been finalized yet. Due to recent changes thank god!

I need to wait and see because there are still a lot things that have not had closure yet.

With Respect
Billy

We understand your concerns, If when the dust settles, and you would like to help, please give one of us a shout and we get you in.
Some dream of success, while others wake up and work for it.
--unknown

skenow
  • 2007/7/2 13:54

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Crip -

Thank you for contacting with your request - I chose to respond in the forum to provide the information to everyone at the same time.

Quote:

sailjapan wrote:

We'd like to ask you, the Communications/Documentation team how best we can keep you informed of user requests that come to our attention.
Specifically:
-on what topics are you open to requests?
-is there any particular format that you would like to see a request made in?
-is there any essential information that should be included in a request?
-to whom or where can we send any requests?

Quote:

We are of course a two way street, and if there are any questions from your team that need representation, pursuance and resolution to either another team or the endusers themselves, please do not hesitate to ask.
We will be setting up a method for you top contact us once we are fully active, but in the meantime, please feel free to either post it to our thread here:
or PM it to me directly. I'll see that it gets dealt with.

Sincerely, and in the spirit of an open XOOPS,

Crip
Community Co-ordination team (pending)

The Communications/Documentation Team has been working through the forums at XOOPSinfo and in the wiki at XOOPS Wiki. We are also making use of the xHelp module (Help Desk) at XOOPSinfo. This module allows users to submit 'tickets' for the various teams and allows the teams to manage those tickets based on priorities and resources. It also allows us to merge tickets submitted for the same topic/issue. Any ticket entered is also posted in the forum as a new topic so progress and discussion is available to the public.

The Communication Team will accept requests for new documentation projects (specific modules, XOOPS core usage and functions, themes, templates, extensions to the core - Frameworks and xoopseditors) as well as any newsworthy items surrounding the XOOPS project. We will also accept suggestions for promoting XOOPS internally (within the communities) and externally (through competitions, script sites, conferences, etc.)

Also, if members of the community become aware of XOOPS documentation, news or promotions available on other sites, we welcome that information, too.

To log a ticket in the Help Desk, users will need to be registered users of XOOPSinfo and logged in at the time they submit the ticket. The information required is quite simple and follows the same recommendations for posting a request in the forum - use an informative subject line and provide a complete a description as possible in the ticket detail.

We feel it is important the community have direct access to submitting requests and this method gives the end users that access. It also keeps requests separate from the discussions about them so they are easier to manage and focus on.

Thanks for asking!

For the Communication Team -

kc0maz
  • 2007/7/2 14:17

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

Boiled down,

We are to use the ticket system @ Xoopsinfo for submitting requests.

Where will the finished documentation be found at. I have several different URL's We need to know which one is official.
--unknown

kc0maz
  • 2007/7/2 15:23

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

From the users/customers point of view, this is how I would prefer the troubleshoot process to work.

The user has a problem.

1. the user checks/searches the XOOPS documentation for a fix.

2. the user posts the problem to the community forums. The community gives suggestions.

3. After several failed attempts, a coordinator, collects needed information, and passes it on to the developer. The coordinators then comes back with the fix.

The user is happy, his problem is fixed.
--unknown

vaughan
  • 2007/7/2 15:28

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

as for the user rules & xoopsiquette.

I'd suggest using the same set as Xoopsinfo here.

BlueStocking

by kc0maz on 2007/7/2 10:23:48

Very acceptable.
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

mboyden
  • 2007/7/2 16:09

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

This proposal kc0maz has suggested is aligned in principal with what the Core Dev Team has suggested I believe. The team has agreed that there needs to be solid communication regarding what is occurring related to all core development tracker items. And I believe there was agreement to empowering individuals to be involved in the process as appropriate.

The team's first priority is to get a bug-fix/security-release out for both branches. Then to look at the 2.0.x/2.2.x merge issues and setup a plan for that forward movement. Then to look at any future architecture building upon what was proposed with any appropriate redirection.

As to where the bugs and enhancement requests are entered and tracked seems to be in question at the moment, unless I've missed something on that. Currently the team is using the sourceforge tracker (Menu Item: Report Core Bug).

My focus is on a team-interaction -involvement process that uses a multiple-leader model with 3 team coordinators who facilitate the team and keep the forward movement on track. And each team reports regularly to the the Project Coordination Team (council or other appropriate body) which does the same.

And my other focus is on providing code!
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

Login

Who's Online

219 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 219

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits