giba
Re: Xoops Core Discussion and Roadmap
  • 2007/6/30 0:16

• giba

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/26

Exelent Catz, sounds good.

Cycle of life - Yes, system is equal human.
It is born, it grows and if it develops, it ages and it dies

Roadmaps - Basic for a safe base of evolution. This would be considered something beyond the planning. It will be our route the medium and long run.

Release Models. - devs, dev module/themes, beta tests, advanced users, end-users.

Development Discussion - Is very important, before and after too. It is important to always reevaluate.

Search New ideas - always

To hear and to listen to desires of end-users. - always

But, end-users, they must make its part. To participate, to collaborate, to help, to test, to promote.

BlueStocking

by Giba on 2007/6/29 19:16:03

AMEN!!!
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

giba
  • 2007/6/30 0:52

• giba

• Just can't stay away

@BS

skenow
  • 2007/6/30 1:12

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Instead of a roadmap, I would rather have a compass.

If I am in London and you are in Tokyo and we want to meet in New York, we each need different roadmaps to arrive at our desired destination.

A compass, in this situation and many like it, is a set of guiding principles we will follow along our journey to reach our desired destination. Adjustments are made along the way as we discover things we didn't know when we started. Did you know that US astronauts on their voyage to the moon were off course 98% of the time? But, they reached their final destination by having a clear goal ahead of them and making very small adjustments at each step of the way, not by making radical changes in direction.

DJ and others have put forward a manifest we will follow during the upcoming days and weeks. What has been so vigorously 'discussed' are all the steps and turns along the way to get to where we want to be. Every approach shows the varied places we are all coming from to get to this final destination. Some will say - "This is the way, follow me." Others will say - "You can't get there from here." Still others will say - "You're chasing a fool's dream!"

The principles are what will guide us in the right direction in our journey, if we understand where we want to go. If not - it will make for a miserable ride in a car full of kids with no air conditioning on a trip through the desert.

Any one want to go for a drive?

draj
  • 2007/6/30 7:22

• draj

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/23

Hi DJ!
Quote:

phppp wrote:
You are very welcome to core dev's forum at SF for detailed discussion.

I just find the SF Forum a total CRAP and see no compelling reason why one needs to discuss all the things out there.

Which are the other world renouned CMS CORE developers discussing the core developments out there? I am NOT AWARE of it!!!

Further, you as a pioneer of those LOVELY PERMISSION TEMPLATES (which you failed to incorporate into the CORE since many decades) of your own CBB forum module, all the core developers are much better off to discuss all the issues out here.

damaster
  • 2007/6/30 9:29

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

Hi Giba, Rioz, Hervé, with who i've shared security issues.
Sorry to say but patchwork is not a solution. Fix known bugs. Then take the time to audit, think and program a secure base for further developemnet. 'Cause you know it's not secure, you all know that as sites "x.org", "fr" and "br" still being hacked - easily.

"Auditing applications for source code security vulnerabilities is the most important step towards overall enterprise security. Applications, especially Web application, can expose vital data to the World Wide Web, and security vulnerabilities from inadequately designed or written code may allow attackers to threaten privacy and steal data – for example, gain access to confidential information, modify a database or other system, or cause the application to crash or become unstable.

Application source code audit is necessary not only because of the significant operational risk posed by vulnerable software, but because it is mandated by the regulations and policies that govern data privacy, integrity, and good corporate governance. Regulations"

I'm going to install a bi-turbo w/ nitro controlled by an electronic system.. on my citroen 2cv

[edit - pt]

A simples verificação da password nao é suficiente e só complica o registo do novo usuario. É necessario pensar numa politica a adoptar nos modulos que nao sao controlados pelo core e que representam uma falha de segurança!
[/pt]
I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

giba
  • 2007/6/30 9:57

• giba

• Just can't stay away

off-topic.

Yes i remember it:

Quote:

Profile ?? Inbox ?? Please keep this information to you!!!
From
Herko

Sent: 2007/3/31 7:56:52Please keep this information to you!!!

Please delete all comments.
Do not talk about this issue. Because it is a big problem for all XOOPS sites.

If young hackers learn XOOPS do not have security authentification. Your site and all XOOPS sites will be attack.

Do not loose your time explaining to people you mention to me.

Because there is no solution.

You need a new core. And there is not developer with competences.

To protect you site and all XOOPS sites keep this information secret.
Do not share with no one they will use it to attack you.

Good Luck.

This PM sent by Herko, but not is Herko, this is one great security fall.

Return on topic now.

Oky, but in RoadMap and new developments, we look ideas and code XOOPS Cube and add in version with relevants credits a devs too

This part important roadMap too.

Marco
  • 2007/6/30 10:07

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

well, many bugs and security issues are well known and all fixed for ages, i'm sure we will be mature enough to fix them.
it's time to prove community a new area has really come. But for that there is the need of a vision about XOOPS evolution, i mean on a core point of view.
Xoops is at first a product, driven by a community. So kill the product and you will have no community at all.
All our efforts should be concentrated at very short term on core vision / re-architecture,and, on parallel, on fixing all bugs, and incorporating worth patches in a 2.0.18 collection version (because there is a need to affirm contributing is worth on the XOOPS planet, so don't ignore valuable proposed patches/fixes)
mod/theme developers need core innovations to push their ideas further.
marco
Do synergy or die.

draj
  • 2007/6/30 11:05

• draj

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/23

Hi!
Quote:

Do not talk about this issue. Because it is a big problem for all XOOPS sites.

As an admin of some XOOPS sites, I have noticed that there has been some patterns of registrations by robot scripts. Earlier, a user would get registered but the email entered remained invalid. Thereafter we saw bombs in the comments.

Now, I see that even an email address is activated, even if the MX does not exists.

Holy crap...

Everything seems to be due to this and what surprises to me is that people know about those security holes and gave the community ideas about xoosphere and all those ideological visions...

Itsnt that pathetic?

damaster
  • 2007/7/2 16:10

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

@giba

Maybe translanting it will loose sense, but it resumes before and after ownership (read from top to bottom, then bottom to top)

[portuguese]

ANTES DA POSSE

Nosso partido cumpre o que promete.
Só os tolos podem crer que
não lutaremos contra a corrupção.
Porque, se há algo certo para nós, é que
a honestidade e a transparência são fundamentais.
para alcançar nossos ideais
Mostraremos que é grande estupidez crer que
as máfias continuarão no governo, como sempre.
Asseguramos sem dúvida que
a justiça social será o alvo de nossa acção.
Apesar disso, há idiotas que imaginam que
se possa governar com as manchas da velha política.
Quando assumirmos o poder, faremos tudo para que
se termine com os marajás e as negociatas.
Não permitiremos de nenhum modo que
nossas crianças morram de fome.
Cumpriremos nossos propósitos mesmo que
os recursos económicos do país se esgotem.
Exerceremos o poder até que
Compreendam que
Somos a nova política.

DEPOIS DA POSSE

Basta ler o mesmo texto acima, DE BAIXO PARA CIMA!

[/portuguese]

I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

Login

Who's Online

237 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 237

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits