communication - being fixed

security - being fixed

ladon
Re: XOOPS is forked (OT)
  • 2005/6/1 14:47

• ladon

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/31

Pretty easy reply don't you think? Don't mean to flame you or anything, but just saying FIX IT shows your complete lack of understanding concerning open source as a whole and XOOPS as a part of it. Even without understanding those things you must at least understand that if it were that simple, it would have al been solved/changed bij now.

Concerning your problems with the forks, it happens, it's unfortunate, but it happens. Bear in mind that most OS CMS' are actually forks. Where do you think XOOPS came from? It sure didn't appear out of nowhere!

When using the argument that when there are 3 Xoops-forks you'll have to check them al out is just ridiculous. That would mean you'd actually have to check OUT every CMS available, because you might just miss something....

JimLunsford

I've been using XOOPS for about six moths or so and I love it. All of this talk about forks and stuff really makes me wish I never got into Xoops. I don't want to have to install three different versions to find out which is best. I don't want to have to make that choice to use one over the other. What would I be miising with one over the other?

It makes no since to me why everyone doesn't work together on one to make it better. The things I have read say that communication is the biggest problem. FIX IT! Unicode or whatever.... FIX IT! Security issues and patches not applied.... FIX IT! The other thing that I have noticed is the XOOPS community crying out saying they want the same as I do and no one seems to listen. FIX IT!

I'm off to opensourcecms.com......

Kainaij
  • 2005/6/1 13:30

• Kainaij

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/5

Quote:

MadFish wrote:
Quote:
Since everyone else is forking off then I guess I have to show the one I've been working on for quite some time

It was bound to happen sooner or later

Easiest, and probably the worst, joke I've ever posted.

Hehe.

MadFish
  • 2005/6/1 13:10

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Quote:
Since everyone else is forking off then I guess I have to show the one I've been working on for quite some time

It was bound to happen sooner or later

phppp
  • 2005/6/1 12:31

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Quote:

DonXoop wrote:

I only want to see the community back to the spirit that once was.

We, the XOOPSers, all wish XOOPS best. It is much more than just a CMS or a tool.

BTW: I did not mean to argue something but just to point out the reason.

Kainaij
  • 2005/6/1 12:27

• Kainaij

• Quite a regular

Since everyone else is forking off then I guess I have to show the one I've been working on for quite some time:

Resized Image

P.S.
If you look closely you can see some of the rice I've also been working on.

DonXoop

Yep, I'm just a dumb user with no clue. Not a one. Only an opinion and we know what opinions are worth.

Good luck anyway, I really don't want to argue about forks, knives, or the inner workings of forks or knives.

I only want to see the community back to the spirit that once was. And to have a good choice of modules to work with. So far I don't see much in the forks to make me want to switch. But that is only an opinion, and in that I know a great deal. It either works or it doesn't and I don't need a degree in physics or computer science to know.

phppp
  • 2005/6/1 12:13

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Quote:

DonXoop wrote:

Huh? Maybe you missed a smilie but I don't think newbb was the problem.

Really? I wish you had understood the problem MadFish and me were talking about. You are a NewBB 2 user and I am a NewBB 2 developer so, perhaps on some points I know a bit more than you.

Here you go, , the smile

Kainaij
Re: XOOPS is forked
  • 2005/6/1 12:06

• Kainaij

• Quite a regular

Quote:

phppp wrote:
Quote:

MadFish wrote:
Argh...I wrote a really long post about all this, and timed out and lost it ! So here's the short version with reference to the previous post:

Good

wow, pity.
It would not happend if CBB was used

Login

Who's Online

161 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 161

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits