basby
Re: need to mail out newsletter to 1000 people - HELP
  • 2004/4/1 10:28

• basby

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/1/28

Hi Catzwolf,

The new evennews module seems to work fine, thanks. I have a major problem though: wfsection does not work anymore, HELP!

I get blank pages for each category I want to display. The articles are displayed corectly. In the admin area I see that the categories are still present in the database. So I think this is a configuration issue.

Another question: should this version of evennews be able to send out more than 1000 e-mails?

Thanks!

basby
Re: need to mail out newsletter to 1000 people
  • 2004/4/1 10:29

• basby

• Not too shy to talk

Hi carlocl,

It seems as if the directory /home/rimamed/public_html/templates_c/ is not writeable.

carlocl
Re: need to mail out newsletter to 1000 people
  • 2004/4/1 12:15

• carlocl

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/1 7

Thanks now is ok i change the dir:

/home/rimamed/public_html/templates_c/

to 777 writeable

thanks

Catzwolf
Re: need to mail out newsletter to 1000 people - HELP
  • 2004/4/1 12:34

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

basby wrote:
Hi Catzwolf,

The new evennews module seems to work fine, thanks. I have a major problem though: wfsection does not work anymore, HELP!

I get blank pages for each category I want to display. The articles are displayed corectly. In the admin area I see that the categories are still present in the database. So I think this is a configuration issue.

Another question: should this version of evennews be able to send out more than 1000 e-mails?

Thanks!

Turn on PHP debugging in system admin and see if it churns out any errors?

I am hope that it will, as the client wants this Let me know how you get on and if it doesn't then I will have another look at the code.

basby
Re: need to mail out newsletter to 1000 people - RESOLVED
  • 2004/4/1 14:33

• basby

• Not too shy to talk

I did get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/z/zexx/www/zexx.nl/www/modules/wfsection/header.php on line 5

This looked very strange to me. So what I did is closing all IE windows and restarted it. And surprise, surprise, it works again! I have no idea what happened. But what's most important: it works again!

Catzwolf, I have some smaller issues with the module. They are not that important to me but they may help you to improve the product for your customer:
- I have just sent one newsletter to the list (which includes only me). The archive does not show the letter.
- The module configuration page shows 8 configuration items. They do however not have a name. So I had to look at the code to find out what the meaning of each field was.
- When is a user 'active'?

Thanks for your time.

basby
Re: need to mail out newsletter to 1000 people - NOT RESOLVED
  • 2004/4/1 14:40

• basby

• Not too shy to talk

But now I get the error again!

It may have to do with the fact that I used the evennews admin in between. I will keep you posted.

basby
Re: need to mail out newsletter to 1000 people - NOT RESOLVED
  • 2004/4/1 14:54

• basby

• Not too shy to talk

Ok, I think I know what the problem is.

The problem occurs when evennews (subscribe, unsubscribe) is present on the same page as wfsection. It seems that /modules/wfsection/index.php can not be run for the same page as evennews.
As said before, /modules/wfsection/article.php does work together with evennews.

Hope this helps.

Catzwolf
  • 2004/4/1 17:55

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Quote:

basby wrote:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/z/zexx/www/zexx.nl/www/modules/wfsection/header.php on line 5

This looked very strange to me. So what I did is closing all IE windows and restarted it. And surprise, surprise, it works again! I have no idea what happened. But what's most important: it works again!

Catzwolf, I have some smaller issues with the module. They are not that important to me but they may help you to improve the product for your customer:
- I have just sent one newsletter to the list (which includes only me). The archive does not show the letter.
- The module configuration page shows 8 configuration items. They do however not have a name. So I had to look at the code to find out what the meaning of each field was.
- When is a user 'active'?

Thanks for your time.

Seems there maybe a function conflict going on there? Not sure as I dont think that even news uses the ame functions as wf-sections. Will check anyway.

ok sounds like you have a conflict between the new evennews and the old one where the xoopsModuleConfig is concerned. Uninstall evennews again, delete all the files in your temporay_c folder and re-install again.

A user becomes active once they have subscribed, you then have the 'power' at anytime time to 'unactivate' a user for any reason and they will not receive mail from you.

You could use it when a user email bounces and rather than just deleting then 'switch' them off until you or they have the correct email.

Did you send the mail as a test to yourself? if you did then that mail will not show in the list.

Catzwolf
  • 2004/4/1 18:01

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Quote:

basby wrote:

Thanks for your time.

In the file mentioned above, header.php you will need to change lines 5 and 6, remove ".$xoopsModule->dirname()." and replace them with 'wfsection' (Noquotes) so you have:

include(XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/modules/wfsection/include/functions.php");

(I really need to get new version of WF-Sections out )

And Np

basby
  • 2004/4/1 18:36

• basby

• Not too shy to talk

Hi,

I did the following:
- uninstalled evennews
- removed the evennews files from the server
- deleted all files from directory templates_c/
- sent the evennews files to the server
- installed evennews

Unfortunately there is no difference with the previous installation. Still the same problems appear (Note that the archive error was solved already; the second and third newsletter were stored in the archive).

I made the change in header.php.

Now the error message is as follows:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare indexmainheader() (previously declared in /home/z/zexx/www/zexx.nl/www/modules/wfsection/include/functions.php:5) in /home/z/zexx/www/zexx.nl/www/modules/wfsection/include/functions.php on line 5

Is it indexmainheader that causes the conflict?

Login

Who's Online

161 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 161

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits