CBlue
Re: Problem with Headlines in 2.06 RC

Okay, upsadaz. Download the tar.gz file on this page, it's a different program and make work better for you.http://freshmeat.net/projects/php-xml/

After you download it, open up a terminal in that directory and become root. Type gunzip -d ActiveLink-PHP-XML-Package-0.3.4.tar.gz, hit return, type tar -xf ActiveLink-PHP-XML-Package-0.3.4.tar and you will then have a folder called ActiveLink-PHP-XML-Package-0.3.4. cd into that folder through the terminal. Then just type ./configure in your terminal and when it's done it's thing, type make and then make install. It should install right for you. If there is an install text file or readme file, read that first before installing just in case it tells you to type something different than I told you.

upsadaz
tar -xf command does not remove .tar extension from file
  • 2004/4/20 13:43

• upsadaz

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/2/26

All is well until I tar -xf which does not yield the folder ActiveLink-PHP-XML-Package-0.3.4.
Here is what I have so far...

drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 Apr 19 14:52 ./
drwxr-xr-x 23 root root 4096 Apr 19 12:56 ../
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 215040 Apr 19 14:46 ActiveLink-PHP-XML-Package-0.3.4.tar
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody nogroup 6808 Feb 12 01:32 CHANGES
drwxr-xr-x 3 nobody nogroup 4096 Apr 19 14:52 classes/
drwxr-xr-x 3 nobody nogroup 4096 Apr 19 14:52 doc/
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody nogroup 12416 Feb 12 01:51 example.php
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody nogroup 26430 May 19 2003 LICENSE

What do you think?

CBlue
Re: tar -xf command does not remove .tar extension from file

I tried to extract that file myself and there is a problem with it. I'll try to see if there is another download for it somewhere else.

CBlue

I tested this package and it extracts correctly. Just make sure you extract it to a folder that you create for it, first.
http://www.active-link.com/software/

upsadaz
  • 2004/4/21 15:22

• upsadaz

• Friend of XOOPS

I created a folder 'activelink' under root directory. I downloaded file to my PC. I uploaded it to the folder I created on the server, 'activelink'.
activelink]# ls
ActiveLink-PHP-XML-Package-0.3.4.tar.gz

I then followed the proceedure you so generously shared on the previous posts...
[root@ activelink]# gunzip -d ActiveLink-PHP-XML-Package-0.3.4.tar.gz
[root@ activelink]# ls
ActiveLink-PHP-XML-Package-0.3.4.tar
[root@ activelink]# tar -xf ActiveLink-PHP-XML-Package-0.3.4.tar

This is the end result...
[root@ activelink]# ls
ActiveLink-PHP-XML-Package-0.3.4.tar CHANGES classes/ doc/ example.php LICENSE

Note the .tar extension on the file. I must be missing a step.

upsadaz
  • 2004/4/21 21:23

• upsadaz

• Friend of XOOPS

There has to be an untar step I must be missing. Before I can configure it I have to remove the .tar extension correct? I am not very clear on how to unpack it into its own folder. I simply created the directory and uploaded it into that from my PC. Then I unzipped int and tried to tar -xf... Is that the proper way to do this?

upsadaz
  • 2004/4/23 3:28

• upsadaz

• Friend of XOOPS

I feel 'tar'red and feathered with this php-xml installation. Ha! Ha! ... Ha? ... Oh sorry ... Not so funny...
Yes. Well, I'm stuck (still ). I tried a few more suggestions from Linux buddies but alas I'm still "tarred".
If someone reads this post and feels pity in their hearts ( hear the melancholy violins playing? ) for my pathetic inability to untar a file please help me out of my misery.

Thanks.

CBlue

You will still have a tar file on your system because it's created when you do the initial unzipping. But you should have another folder or two there also with files. The folder you untarred into should be filled with the untarred files and the original tar file. When I untarred that file myself on my home computer, I found extra files with it. Look for a readme or install file.

Login

Who's Online

190 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 190

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits