Mithrandir
Re: Warning - kernel Xoops after version 2.0.5 is bug

If this is a joke as This comment suggests, I would like to say that I personally was not amused.

Security vulnerabilities should NOT be used for jokes - especially when it advices people to go BACK to vulnerable versions of XOOPS.

Very disappointing. Sorry to sound like a grumpy fella, but I have spent 4 hours this morning trying to make sense of Portuguese and looking through the source code and trying to figure out what the heck was the problem, how I could reproduce it and how I could fix it. I was thinking that it was a joke, but since the XT people refused to say anything but point to Portuguese discussion, it was not clear and it would not have looked cool if I ignored a security report just because it was April 1st.

Thanks for wasting my time, though. Not like I had anything else to do... oh wait...

Mithrandir

Just got confirmation that it WAS a (rather tasteless) joke.

There is nothing critically wrong with the mainfile and it cannot be read by a browser. Logged in or not logged in.

DON'T downgrade to XOOPS 2.0.4 or older.

solo71
  • 2005/4/1 13:17

• solo71

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/1/29

Resized Image

Fishes are flying low nowadays...

phppp
Re: April
  • 2005/4/1 14:16

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

When suico show me GIJOE's site, I know it is a game.
However, after seeing Giba's thread, I was scared (Although technically I do not think any possible hole with the mainfile.php) and could not get to sleep.
But thanks Giba, your thread sent some traffic to our site, around 1%

Login

Who's Online

251 user(s) are online (189 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 251

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits