kavaXtreme
Re: Themeable DHTML Menu
  • 2005/2/27 14:48

• kavaXtreme

• Repository Maintainer

• Since: 2005/1/17

Are you using a style sheet to theme the menu? If so, it should be fairly easy to insert a "class" (or similar) statement into the menu template and the CSS style sheet.
For example (simplified), the CSS would look like this:
.submenu {width:150px;}

And then you'd insert the class statement into the appropriate HTML tag. For example:
<a class="submenu" href="https://xoops.org"></a>

As to the other question, could you post the line that's causing the error? Perhaps some here would know what the problem is.

jamboree
  • 2005/2/27 6:05

• jamboree

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/25

Hi,

I got the sothink menu and created a dhtml menu which i inserted into a block. So far so good. However, I have two remaining problems:

1. I get an error message relating to a line in my index.php file for the homepage. The actual line referred to is not a 'code' line.

2. the menu width seems to be determined by XOOPS so the main menu fits the block exactly (the right width - looks great) but sub menus open up to the entire width of the page obsuring the other main menu options and the page behind it.

Do I need to change a setting in XOOPS or the Sothink programme to contain the width of the submenus or do i need to insert the menu into the theme file and if so how would i do this?

many thanks
Jamboree

sadistiko
  • 2005/2/17 15:18

• sadistiko

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/12/13

I can't find it there - don't read french
It would be great if somebody put those menus here.

kavaXtreme
  • 2005/2/16 19:35

• kavaXtreme

• Repository Maintainer

Cool menu! Don't know who's in charge of their modules page, but we could use them here on the English site! Made me wish I could read French.

I have a great script from my old (pre-Xoops) site that I'd love to use (son of suckerfish menu). I just don't know anything about PHP, so I don't know how to pull out the menu values and get them inserted where they're needed. It would be inside of a <ul> tag, so it should be pretty easy to do. I'd be happy to put it in a module too, if only I knew how. But it looks like it'll be many moons till then.

It seems so close... Almost within my grasp... Sure wish somebody would make a good menu module. It sure would be popular!

carnuke
  • 2005/2/16 10:07

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

This sort of question seems to come up a lot

Have to seenhttp://www.frxoops.org/ ?They use a really good menu system on the site. Perhaps the source code will help you!

kavaXtreme
Themeable DHTML Menu
  • 2005/2/16 8:46

• kavaXtreme

• Repository Maintainer

Does anyone know how to display a DHTML menu? XT-Conteudo includes a menu block similar to what I'm looking for, but it doesn't seem to be themeable as far as I can tell. (It also feels strange to me to be installing a content module just for the menu blocks...)

Basically I'm just looking for a themeable menu block that would display sub-menu items to its right when hovering over a menu item. Here's hoping someone out there knows of something like this... or how to make it from scratch. My fingers'll be crossed till this post is answered. ;)

Login

Who's Online

134 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 134

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits