Reintjan
Date selection form
  • 2008/3/6 10:23

• Reintjan

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/3/17

When the class XoopsFormTextDateSelect is used in modules for selecting date (of news publishing for instance...) the date is filled in the form as year-month-day....

I'm in the Netherlands and we use day-month-year format. I also defined this in global.php for displaying date in the correct way.

Now the problem, in formtextdateselect.php in the class\xoopsform folder the date format is hardcoded as Y-m-d instead of using date as language variable.

The same is the case in calendarjs.php in the include folder. Date format is hardcoded to y-mm-dd

Please correct this in the next version of XOOPS so that date in the selectionform is dsplayed as defined in global.php

Thanks
Be smart, stay smart. Stay one step ahead...

bumciach
Re: Date selection form
  • 2009/2/5 14:47

• bumciach

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/6/25

I also wait with impatience on this feature.

Marco
  • 2009/2/10 23:15

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

this item was added to SF bugtracker, thx
Do synergy or die.

Catzwolf
  • 2009/3/4 3:33

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Hiya guys,

I have noticed a lot hardcored instances of this throughout XOOPS and it seems that every module has their own way of a date structure overriding Xoops.

I actually plan on changing this in the future so the Web master can assign this globally via admin and will override all modules etc.

If you are like me and a couple of webmasters that I have helped in the past, there is nothing worse than visiting a site and the date format is different on every page. I love constancy myself ;)

Catz

noo-b
  • 2009/3/4 3:55

• noo-b

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2007/10/23

dugris is working something with this ..don't know if it is a permanent solution

http://xoops.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xoops?view=rev&revision=2886
I Love Xoops

Catzwolf
  • 2009/3/4 3:57

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

I plan on doing a more permanent fix and update to this, if he hasn't already done it :)

Speed
  • 2009/3/4 4:31

• Speed

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

Quote:
I actually plan on changing this in the future so the Web master can assign this globally via admin and will override all modules etc.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.

This is one of the things that absolutely drives me nuts. I don't mind if every module did it differently as long as they all allowed it to be edited by the admin. Allowing admins to change the date format in one place and all modules then use that date format makes too much good sense.

Having different modules show different date types looks shoddy and absolutely unprofessional. This is a must-fix item.

Speed
  • 2009/3/4 5:02

• Speed

• Quite a regular

Thinking a little more on this.... Would it be possible to have user date choice >> admin date choice >> module default? Add in the ability for users to choose what fits them best? This would be very useful since many websites now have users from all over the world. It would allow users to see dates/times in a format that is comfortable to them. It sort of brings us back to the XOOPS is powered by you....

Catzwolf
  • 2009/3/4 5:37

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

I'm quite sure this can be done using the profile module. But, when we add the multi language to Xoops, I am sure wouldn't it be easier to add date/time format with that, rather having your users input this? It might be a little overwhelming for some people.

Speed
  • 2009/3/4 6:31

• Speed

• Quite a regular

Definitely easier if in the multi language. Making the date/time just "work" as expected is of course the ideal.

I've spent the entire evening trying to get date formats to look the same and have checked every user.php, main.php, global.php, frameworks directory, language/english directory and numerous files in the newbb structure. I've gotten xhld, Publisher/SmartSection and Profile to display the date/time I want. But CBB refuses to cooperate. Any suggestions for a short term fix?

Login

Who's Online

182 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 182

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits