dragonfl
remembering prefrences
  • 2004/3/9 12:41

• dragonfl

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/6

ok, I am wondering if anyone has attempted this, as I did not see anything about it in a search..

what I am trying to do is this.

either by a cookie or whatever would work, remember what a user chooses for the site theme, their choice in the message board, as far as messages being flat or threaded.

any help on this one would be appreciated..

for those who want to view
my site is athttp://blades.kd1zi.com
it is pretty specific topic, it is exclusivly for the game everquest, and it may not work well on browsers outside of IE and Netscape.

Dragon

Sm0ka
Re: remembering prefrences
  • 2004/3/9 13:29

• Sm0ka

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/25

I can let you in on something...a XOOPS Brasil member as made a hack that allows such features, but is transforming it on to a module so that its implementation is simpler.

You can access the hack
here,
but it is in portuguese. Nevertheless you'll find every support you require, even if you post in english

dragonfl
Re: remembering prefrences
  • 2004/3/9 14:40

• dragonfl

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/6

SmOka,
thanks for the reply, and the link to the hack.. however, from what I can gather from it, this hack will only remember the theme that the user has selected, this is handy, and one of the things I asked for. Now I need to find a hack that will remember prefrences for the forums, so if the user chooses to have the forem displayed in a threaded manner it will remember that.

thanks
Dragon

Login

Who's Online

200 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 200

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits