wishcraft
Multixoops - With version 2.3.3 - RC

I have spent the day starting the core solution to multidomain/subdomain sites. I used version 2.3.3 RC to make this build so it is with unknown issues, I know some of you are working with this version from the nightly build.

The way this version works is you follow the install as usual, in the system module there is a new option called "Domains". This allows you to add domains to the system and assign themes and languages for the site.

This is very useful for example imagining that you would set your domains up like so:

http://en.yoursite.com (english + theme)
http://fr.yoursite.com (french + theme)
http://cn.yoursite.com (chinese + theme)
http://uk.yoursite.com (english + theme)

What you do is point your subdomain at your XOOPS_ROOT_PATH and the system will make adjustments to setting based on your domain abstractions.

Looks like:

Resized Image

if you want to download this and give it a test please do so fromhttp://bin.chronolabs.org.au/MultiXoops-2.3.3-rc.zip (6.9Mbs)
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

webmystar
Re: Multixoops - With version 2.3.3 - RC
  • 2009/2/16 10:36

• webmystar

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2008/6/23

great. im waiting so long for multisite under xoops. i will testing.

Anonymous
  • 2009/2/16 12:09

• Anonymous

• Since:

Looks great! Why not combine this multixoops with defacer? It's the same mechanism but is based on pages or modules linked to themes. It would be handy to have both mechanisms on one configpage.

sockmonkey
  • 2009/2/16 15:11

• sockmonkey

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/6/4 1

So the language, theme and starting module differ between the multiple sites, but is there any difference for the module data? For example, can you run CBB on multiple sites and have different forums for each? (I understand you could set it up this way using groups, I'm just wondering if Multixoops has an automated method for handling such things.)

And, lest I seem ungrateful, thank you so much for your work on this, wishcraft. This is precisely the functionality I need to be in place before I can implement XOOPS at my workplace. I've been eagerly anticipating it!

deka87
  • 2009/2/16 18:07

• deka87

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/10/5

alright man! this is one of the best news from XOOPS recently. just a question. is there any way of implementing this domain/language feature without updating xoops? maybe make it like a module?
Mind anchors

wishcraft

I have examined that, and due to the templating system which requires a hack as well as structural changes to the cache file system so that you don't end up with a mixed result on your website.

There is a module from simple XOOPS that is quiet good, I was impressed when I took a look at it.

See for example without template cache hacks etc. You end up with a barrage of mixed outputs, that is an output that can be 1 screen but multiple templates.

I am also looking for some suggestions of other options to add to the system, module.

There is a new define well two XOOPS_PROT (Protocol) and XOOPS_DOMAIN_ID which is the ID number for the domain.

I have created a version of CBB, that support multixoops, I can't show you directly here (due to content and the TOS - but PM me and I will send you the link).

This allows for people to select the domain they want their post to exist on, but it is not tied in with this system. It was a choice of using the prefix_config table as there are no introduced tables as off yet..

I want to parse the domain options into the preferences so it is more defined in control for the system (but this is a large structural change).
Resized Image

maxxy
  • 2009/2/17 10:09

• maxxy

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2007/6/11

i'm waiting for this...hope it can release asap

wishcraft, are you working together with dhsoft (simplexoops) ?

sockmonkey
  • 2009/2/24 16:11

• sockmonkey

• Just popping in

Hm. I think I'm doing something wrong. I downloaded and installed. The screen itself is working just fine. I added my home domain and a couple additional test domains. I set my add-on domains to point to the XOOPS_ROOT_PATH as stated above, but so far the site isn't coming up. Am I just being impatient? Does it take time for the DNS change to propagate across the network? Or maybe there's a setting I'm missing or setting incorrectly?

**Edit**

A couple items I've noticed:

- There is no way to edit a domain
- When I tried to delete a domain it told me that the deletion was successful, but the domain remained in the list

sockmonkey
  • 2009/2/26 3:42

• sockmonkey

• Just popping in

**Update**

I got it to work. I'm able to pull up two sites using two different URLs with two different themes. Site A works fine. Site B, however, only works for the initial page load. If I click on anything it defaults back to Site A. I assume this is because XOOPS_URL is hard-coded in the shared mainfile.php. I'm not sure how to get around that.

wishcraft

Well the latest demo of multixoops is finished here are the features in this one, I am after feature requests if you have any.

http://bin.chronolabs.org.au/multi-xoops-RC-2.3.3.zip (2.xx Mbs).

In this version you also have an installer that works on all senerios, the otherone for example when installing on local host doesn't work.

Resized Image

In this image you can see how the block controller also has domain selection this is for assign a block to a domain, remember at the moment you have to be at that domain to administrate it later.

There is a new field in prefix_newblocks called domains it is a medium text field and as default is populated with '|all'

The domains pool remains still with a delete option working!

Resized Image
Resized Image

Login

Who's Online

183 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 183

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits