McDonald
Re: Show us the $$$....!
  • 2007/12/13 20:34

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

@Mauricio,

Don't take the list to serious and don't act like a Xerox by publishing it in every post here. There might be people listed without knowing about this. As far as I know this was the case with Herko, see this dutch conversation on the dutch support site.
What I understood is that ImpressCMS is a fork.
Just wait until January 1, 2008.

PS. I am not involved in ImpressCMS.

hackbrill
  • 2007/12/13 21:02

• hackbrill

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/7/14

Deleted because of double posting. See post below this one.

hackbrill
  • 2007/12/13 21:03

• hackbrill

• Friend of XOOPS

I have a question.

From my understanding, XOOPS 3.0 (the 2.0 and 2.2 branch merger) will be developed commercially per this thread
My question is this:

Since impresscms is currently using the code of XOOPS 2.0.17.1 for their cms, will they be able to use the new XOOPS 3.0 code also?

Bender
  • 2007/12/13 21:17

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Quote:

hackbrill wrote:
I have a question.

From my understanding, XOOPS 3.0 (the 2.0 and 2.2 branch merger) will be developed commercially per this thread
My question is this:

Since impresscms is currently using the code of XOOPS 2.0.17.1 for their cms, will they be able to use the new XOOPS 3.0 code also?

That simply depends on the license it will be under. If completely rewritten and published under a different license (ok fairly unlikely) they could prevent it.

However the question is more like "Would they even want to use that code?". Look at the developers list who moved to impress - do you expect them to sit and wait for XOOPS to go to 3.0 and then republish it? Doesn´t sound to likely ain´t it?

More seriously (assuming both projects go their own way and keep on going) i would expect a transfer of future code from one project to another. One more interesting point would be the question "When will they reach the point of no return?" the point where code is no longer similar enough to run modules on both systems.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

hackbrill
  • 2007/12/13 21:41

• hackbrill

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

Bender wrote:

However the question is more like "Would they even want to use that code?". Look at the developers list who moved to impress - do you expect them to sit and wait for XOOPS to go to 3.0 and then republish it? Doesn´t sound to likely ain´t it?

It's just that I didn't see much improvement in the XOOPS core post Skalpa - pre Phppp even though the impresscms team had a huge part in XOOPS at the time; however, I could be mistaken.

damaster
  • 2007/12/13 23:52

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

@Bender

What happen to Ono (project founder) privileges ???
And all that developers who left the project during
the dark reign? About 'banning'... do i have to say more!?

Hummm...

With such public turn, i'm not impressed by the fact some cowards step back!...
And i bet none was listed without knowing.

Back to the topic "Show us the $$$....!", there's no official report
and some of listed people is thinking how to move funds
from XOOPS foundation to impresscms project.

By the way... Fun turn !

I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

script_fu

Please remove the last two posts because they are spam.

[FMod1: Done]

Marco
  • 2008/1/31 20:29

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

any news about the 2007 report?
i really hope this silly tool that adds dispersion in our project (that is supposed to be an open source project) has been dissolved, and that funds have been donated to a charity organization.
Do synergy or die.

riosoft
  • 2008/2/19 12:24

• riosoft

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/11/8

"everything regarding the Foundation will be published online, and from then on, with regular updates." (Posted on: 2007/9/3 - Herko)

Please, let me know what's the actual situation.
Who is the actual chairman?
Where is Xoops?

I am looking forward to see the financial report.

Greetings

Herko
  • 2008/2/20 5:27

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

moderators, please remove these three posts from user Herculoid.

This user is Mikhail Miguel, who already hacked the xoops.org servers several times, and has done so with the XOOPS Foundation servers as well. The first two posts have been made by myself on the Foundation website's private forums, many months ago. So they were -at that time, accurate. The last post by Herculoid is his own invention, and definately not true.

We will publish the 2007 year report real soon, which will feature a financial report drawn up by an accountant. This will be the current board's last report, we are working hard to find a solution to the current impasse -a solution that comes close to what marco suggests.

Again, please remove Herculoid's posts, they are made by a known (and proven) hacker, who is wanted for questioning by the police in the NL for hacking xoops.org servers.

Herko

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits