sailjapan
Re: Proposal: Towards A Sustainable Open Source Project

Marco wrote:
Quote:
3 - we have to recognize our past mistakes : would be great to state that we recognize ono , mith, skalpa,& others, contributions, without limitation. we know we made errors. we should be mature enough to recognize them and apologize. Our past is supposed to make us stronger and make a better xoops. we have to explain how we consider the XOOPS Cube project. i personaly think both have a lot to benefit from mutual cooperation.

Hear hear!

Crip
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

BlueStocking

Marco,
http://www.xoops.net.br/index.php?title=Marco

Welcome... again.

...darcy
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

kc0maz
  • 2007/11/1 16:58

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/18

I know I am past the deadline. I was a bit busy the past week or so.

I accept the the nomination if you will have me.
Some dream of success, while others wake up and work for it.
--unknown

BlueStocking

Kc0maz,
Added as requested to the end-users proposal team list.

Proposal#Team_Members

See: Kc0maz Proposal

Welcome,
...darcy

BlueStocking

@Giba and others...
The end-user forum not being accessable in China is an important point in the scheme of what we are doing.

This work needs to be moved to xoops.org.

Giba, Thank you for pointing that out.

BlueStocking

damaster
  • 2007/11/4 13:13

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

Quote:

phppp wrote:
By phppp, October 24th, 2007

The proposal that follows below is tabled for open discussion by the XOOPS Community. The ultimate goal of the proposal is to develop an improved management for the XOOPS project that will encourage community participation and carry the project forward for the long term. It is proposed to achieve this through four steps :
1. Seeking general agreement from the community on the process outlined in this document.
2. Establishment of a team of community members to prepare a draft proposal on Management Structure of the XOOPS Project.
3. Publish the draft proposal for discussion and feedback from the community.
4. Implement the finalised management arrangements.
(...)

Well, sad to those who have spend their time reading and posting in this thread. I'm in a good mood but its realistic to say that some things never change, new nicknames repeating what others have done before...

This should be community-driven, why it is not?

Why its not open to ALL contributions ?

It seems that some people are doing their best to
create their own privileged situation/position...

Are you closing discussion and preventing community to contribute?

To conclude, isn't this one more failure?
In what are you different from your predecessors?
I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

sailjapan

Hi Damaster.

please bear with us, we have a team of 16 (the biggest ever single team working on management as far as I know) and we have only managed to get everyone aware and able to access this weekend. Any idea what it's like trying to get 16 highly opinionated people to play by the same rules? fun, fun, fun

We are working on member roles at present, and next will be rules for debate as a free for all has proved ungainly.

We are and will be open to input from the community at large, and we will be making sure that nothing gets hidden away.

The best way to keep an eye on what's going on will be the reports that we will make at every stage of the process. They will be posted for all to see, and open to comment.

In the meantime, this wiki will tell you where we've got to so far. It's a temporary venue until we reach a consensus on the format for reports.

Speaking for myself, and probably other team members, this thread and similar ones are being kept an eye on for opinions and ideas.

In short, we're working and will have some stuff for your and other's consideration shortly.

Crip
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

MadFish
  • 2007/11/4 13:45

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

As I have previously indicated, there is going to be a process whereby the community is asked to participate. And it is going to take a while to organise.

sailjapan

In the meantime, could all team members confirm that they have access to and are paying attention to the Team Forum, regardless of whether you have done so before or not.

We're having a final roll call here and if you don't report in, we can't move on!!

Thanks

Crip

damaster
  • 2007/11/4 14:24

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

Login

Who's Online

153 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 153

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits